cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tweeted the normal one so now I will tweet the other one. Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see one danger of pursuing this, they update the app and we all end up paying them money regularly for their passes. 

lol 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So no reply from nowtv twitter help that was over 3 hours ago I tweeted and a dm sent. This is what I mean about communication there isn’t any.  I feel we could be waiting an eternity fo this updated app if at all. Can anyone advise me on picture quality of the nowtv 4k box and the nowtv stick. My brother just purchased the 4k smart box at a reduced price of 24.99 but he said the quality of picture was washed up and he has the boost too.  He put his old black nowtv box in and the picture was a lot better.  I feel if there’s no progress on nowtv Apple app I will look else where.

nst
Elite

Hi

A couple of thoughts re. your last post.

Firstly.. be a bit more patient as im sure their social media people dont work 24 hours!... if you tweeted them mid-late afternoon I think its not unreasonable to expect a reply the following day.

Secondly... I purchased the NowTV box for £24 myself, as a stop-gap until the appleTV app arrived... and for the sole reason of taking advantage of the boost function.  It must be noted that before I was using the boost function on the PS4 app... however using the app with a ps4 controller is horrendous so thats why I paid the £24 for the box.

That being said, im actually quite impressed by the picture quality.  I have a 4K TV and just got rid of SkyQ... and I must say that NowTV is almost better than SkyQ was.... at the very least as good.

Im not sure why your brother seems unimpressed... perhaps theres a fault.  its been good for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No reply still from nowtv help on Twitter not surprised at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

We want to advise you that Apple TV is not on the radar at the minute an update is not available and we have no time frame on when it will be. When it is we will make all apple TV users aware. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm...

A non answer then as it already exists and is in use, just not in the UK. 

Looks like they don’t want my money!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firstly Nadine thank you for informing us about the situation that’s all we have wanted. Can I take it from that then that at some point say within the next few weeks that the app will be updated. If you can give a time frame even in weeks then I will hold on but if we’re talking months then I’ll just go and buy another device. But thank you Nadine for responding. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Firstly Nadine thank you for informing us about the situation that’s all we have wanted. Can I take it from that then that at some point say within the next few weeks that the app will be updated. If you can give a time frame even in weeks then I will hold on but if we’re talking months then I’ll just go and buy another device. But thank you Nadine for responding. 

From that official, and very terse response, I'd say you're looking at months if not years for Apple TV, if ever at all. Surely no-one realistically was thinking it would be any different, what with the tests being pulled, and no update being done in over 4 years.

I'd heartily recommend a Roku Streaming Stick if you wish to stay with NowTV, but use your Apple for everything else as it's a much superior device.

Nadine's statement, "Apple TV is not on the radar at the minute, an update is not available and we have no time frame on when it will be" speaks volumes, and is clear for all to see that Apple TV does not factor into any of their plans for NowTV.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Well Guys

Nadine said, "...Apple TV is not on the radar...an update is not available...we have no time frame on when it will be."

All that equals, How long is a piece of string? 

Give up, there's no hope.

UK Bob

PS. OK, there's a very faint glimmer.