cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Public shaming via social media often seems to be the only way to get a response these days!  

Let’s hope we get a favourable response. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It's https://www.resolver.co.uk

If you type in Now TV into the search box on the website, it comes up.

You can detail your issues with them.

NOW TV responds on that and ask your to chat with them on their website, but I'd rather do it all through Resolver so there's a searchable history of the conversation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be fair I dont think they have any interest in giving a response.

i have been dealing with a chap from the trials team who emails me regularly as he has asked the powers that be why this hasn’t happened and why it’s been updated in Ireland etc but not the UK. He emails at least once a week saying he’s still chasing a response and that he’s not been given any information, so for one if there own to be kept in the dark doesn’t really give us much hope, but I hope I’m wrong  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couple of things I’ve messaged Marina  Storti on facebook for those who don’t know she’s the MD of Now Tv. If anyone knows the latest situation it has to be her I’m not expecting a response but you never know.  

nst
Elite

I think the more public messaging on Facebook and Twitter the better.

Somebody somewhere must know the situation.

As is always the case with these type of corporations, communication is the key - and they are simply not communicating with us at all.

The updated app is either imminent, or not.  Its released already in Ireland and Italy therefore why isn't it in the UK and whats the further delay in releasing it.

Also, if the AppleTV is no longer seen as a strategic platform, then again tell us - allow us the ability to plan our future hardware requirements and make an informed decision.

Saying you support a platform... and then neglecting that platform to the point where it is unusable... but still advertising your service as compatible (fully compatible i.e. with the same viewing experience as with all the other platforms...) is misrepresentation and im sure trading standards would be interested to know at this point.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just sent a tweet to nowtv asking what the situation is regarding the nowtv app for apple tv. I will wait for a response If I feel the response is not satisfactory I will contact media outlets such as bbcwatchdog. So if u have twitter or Facebook send them a message asking what's going on. 

nst
Elite

The point I would make is this:

On NowTV's 'Devices' page... it clearly mentions you can watch on over 60 devices.

The AppleTV is of course listed in that page.  You can click on it and then you are taken to the page to chose your package.

NOW.... there is NO mention that if you are watching on an AppleTV will get a significantly inferior service to that of other devices.  This should be made very clear.  For example "Please note that the AppleTV app is over 4 years old without updates and you are not able to create watchlists and other functions using this device"...

This is what they should say... and of course some could be signing up and disappointed at the functionality and service they receive.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not a bad reason for a formal complaint, and passing to the ombudsman if there is one that NowTV recognise. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

False advertising that’s what it is, nowtv know a lot of people will be using there nowtv stick or smart box ps4 etc. I purchased my 4k Apple TV in 2018 so for 2 years I’ve used an app that is not upto date. Simply put it’s shocking treatment not only to people with Apple TV but other people using other devices. I notice nowtv operatesin Italy, Ireland and Uk. So if the app for Apple TV has been launched there why no update here. I tweeted nowtv over an hour ago and still no response. Email bbc watchdog or tweet them

nst
Elite

Which account did you tweet?

I sent mine to "NowTV Help" and not the standard "NowTV" one.

They seem relatively active and I got a response as detailed earlier.

I think the more start to make a noise the better.

To those who wonder why us AppleTV owners are making a fuss... its because we have waited far too long.. and with the carrot being dangled months ago with the new app... AND the fact the new app is available elsewhere just not in the UK.

False advertising is basically correct.  AppleTV users are getting a vastly inferior product to those on other platforms.  Update the app, or ditch the platform.  Dont advertise it as available when the user experience is so out of step with other devices.