cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Out of interest, I decided to use Twitter to message the official NowTV Help account...

My Message:

Can you please shed some light on the AppleTV NowTV app? Many users are waiting and waiting for the app that is now an astonishing 4 years old without and update and unusable.  This has been updated in Ireland and Italy but not UK.  Why??

Their reply:

Good Afternoon.  We are currently looking into this and hope to have it resolved soon.

So there you go....a generic response but i'd encourage others to start raising this publicly via facebook message or twitter.

Seems we have been expecting 'soon' since the autumn of 2019... so lets hope 'soon' is soon!

Highlighted
Advocate

Been following the thread for a while but first time posting. Tired of waiting now so I’ve made an official complaint.  Pretty sure chances of a response are slim to none but I feel better for venting

Highlighted
Scholar 3

Well done for messaging on twitter I suppose we should be hopeful that they say there looking into it hope that’s the case but with there track record it doesn’t count for much.

Mentor

There was a beta update using Apple TestFlight. And it was a very much improved version of the app, it expired around the end of last year & nothing seems to have happened with regards to getting the update public.

Highlighted
Expert 3

@Rolandh Yep I was on that for over a year, was subsequently told that there was to be a further trial, but nothing has come of that and have pretty much given up all hope of ever seeing anything for the tv now 😟

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Seems I’m stupid giving up my roku stick plus for a Apple TV  I just looked at the app when I installed it my god it’s old lucky my tv has a decent now tv app but would be nice to ditch my remote for my iPhone. Come on sky  get your neck in gear 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

seeing that nowtv Twitter has replied that they are looking into the new app we shall see unless there telling lies.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Public shaming via social media often seems to be the only way to get a response these days!  

Let’s hope we get a favourable response. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Techuser_73 

It's https://www.resolver.co.uk

If you type in Now TV into the search box on the website, it comes up.

You can detail your issues with them.

NOW TV responds on that and ask your to chat with them on their website, but I'd rather do it all through Resolver so there's a searchable history of the conversation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 2

To be fair I dont think they have any interest in giving a response.

i have been dealing with a chap from the trials team who emails me regularly as he has asked the powers that be why this hasn’t happened and why it’s been updated in Ireland etc but not the UK. He emails at least once a week saying he’s still chasing a response and that he’s not been given any information, so for one if there own to be kept in the dark doesn’t really give us much hope, but I hope I’m wrong  

0 Thanks