cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have u got a link for the ombudsman and as you say I hope many more complain. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgive me, but what’s the complaint?

This is a no contract service?

I’m probably missing something obvious but regardless normally you have to take your concern with the retailer first and I’m sure they’d just refund your payment, end. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wats the complaint as the user posted an outdated app for appletv store which had not been updated for 4 years you really think that’s right. Regardless if u think Apple users are a niche market they shouldn’t have to go out and buy another device all because nowtv won’t update the app. My circumstance is this and please explain this to me, how can it be that an old nowtv black box has a superior picture than an apple4k box based on nowtv app. Two answers spring to mind firstly the black nowtv box had the boost for sky sports and entertainment so now it can give you full 1080p and 5.1. Secondly it has an upto date and Apple doesn’t my 4k device struggles to show sport at 720p. It’s good to hear that nowtv have updated the app in Ireland and Italy why this wasn’t done in the uk first is a mystery I’m assuming the app is the full version now and not beta. There are many thousands of viewers who either have a 4k Apple box or a 3rd gen and having the same issue. 

nst
Elite

Out of interest, I decided to use Twitter to message the official NowTV Help account...

My Message:

Can you please shed some light on the AppleTV NowTV app? Many users are waiting and waiting for the app that is now an astonishing 4 years old without and update and unusable.  This has been updated in Ireland and Italy but not UK.  Why??

Their reply:

Good Afternoon.  We are currently looking into this and hope to have it resolved soon.

So there you go....a generic response but i'd encourage others to start raising this publicly via facebook message or twitter.

Seems we have been expecting 'soon' since the autumn of 2019... so lets hope 'soon' is soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been following the thread for a while but first time posting. Tired of waiting now so I’ve made an official complaint.  Pretty sure chances of a response are slim to none but I feel better for venting

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done for messaging on twitter I suppose we should be hopeful that they say there looking into it hope that’s the case but with there track record it doesn’t count for much.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was a beta update using Apple TestFlight. And it was a very much improved version of the app, it expired around the end of last year & nothing seems to have happened with regards to getting the update public.

@Anonymous User Yep I was on that for over a year, was subsequently told that there was to be a further trial, but nothing has come of that and have pretty much given up all hope of ever seeing anything for the tv now 😟

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems I’m stupid giving up my roku stick plus for a Apple TV  I just looked at the app when I installed it my god it’s old lucky my tv has a decent now tv app but would be nice to ditch my remote for my iPhone. Come on sky  get your neck in gear 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

seeing that nowtv Twitter has replied that they are looking into the new app we shall see unless there telling lies.