cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Champion 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@Techuser_73  @nst 

Hi Guys

Just wanna say, I'm neither anti or pro Apple and since I'm no longer in my alcoholic induced haze (I've had a bit of a sleep) I'm not gonna post any more stuff in this thread.

Until next time.

Cheers (Beer) Emoji.jpg

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Now that Boost is available surely the update will be here soon. 

wouldn't it be great if NowTV set a date! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

The fact that the boost feature has been out now for some 5 weeks on selected devices and no one from nowtv has sought to give us an update on the outdated app for Apple TV speaks volumes. 

Highlighted
Expert

way more than 5 weeks.  I believe i started using it back in November... but on either the PS4, or the NowTV Box.

Anyone asking for an update from NowTV will probably be disappointed!

Im a bit confused having participated and followed this discussion for a while now... its was the case that the AppleTV update was going to be here soon... and then before Christmas, and then in January... yet here we are in February.

This is making no sense.... I would be interested to know what proportion of the user base use AppleTV... but this is a nonsense... as the more interesting question is what proportion of the user base WANTS to use AppleTV but currently CANNOT due to the old crappy app.

I suspect that appleTV is being neglected because of the minuscule user base in comparison to say the PS4.... however why dont they realise that the only reason the user base is so low is because the app is 4 years old, and practically unusable.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Also u have to think that the apple4k box is a decent upscaler they maybe think if we release an upto date nowtv app they won’t get the boost. I can watch premier league football yes but at 720p so imagine the difference a 1080p version would bring. I don’t know if a lot of Apple TV users are aware but don’t have it on 1080p when watching sports stick to 720p. Yes we will wait and see what happens. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Oh, we're aware.

Currently following this issue up with an ombudsman.

I hope many others will do the same.

We're paying for a service that's not up to par on purpose.

My app crashes ALL THE TIME. I have to close and reopen after every episode of a series, etc...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

Roku is centre of Now TV’s world because Sky invested in Roku I believe. Some of their hardware is only available in the U.K. Now TV branded. 

Neglect for Apple TV seems short sighted as it has been said people who own Apple products are more affluent and have more disposable income. Therefore likely candidates to buy your service!

Plus Apple made it easy by way of universal apps to support Apple TV. Plus Now TV actually have a new app, just not in the UK. 

I’m really want to give Now TV money regularly, but they force me not to because of a poor buggy app, meaning I don’t get value from the service as the interface is awful and doesn’t even show the next episode, never mind what I’m currently watching. 

Oh well you sometimes just can’t get people to take your money, on the positive I buy a couple of months every so often at cheapest prepaid price just to watch box sets.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Have u got a link for the ombudsman and as you say I hope many more complain. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

Forgive me, but what’s the complaint?

This is a no contract service?

I’m probably missing something obvious but regardless normally you have to take your concern with the retailer first and I’m sure they’d just refund your payment, end. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Wats the complaint as the user posted an outdated app for appletv store which had not been updated for 4 years you really think that’s right. Regardless if u think Apple users are a niche market they shouldn’t have to go out and buy another device all because nowtv won’t update the app. My circumstance is this and please explain this to me, how can it be that an old nowtv black box has a superior picture than an apple4k box based on nowtv app. Two answers spring to mind firstly the black nowtv box had the boost for sky sports and entertainment so now it can give you full 1080p and 5.1. Secondly it has an upto date and Apple doesn’t my 4k device struggles to show sport at 720p. It’s good to hear that nowtv have updated the app in Ireland and Italy why this wasn’t done in the uk first is a mystery I’m assuming the app is the full version now and not beta. There are many thousands of viewers who either have a 4k Apple box or a 3rd gen and having the same issue.