cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can only assume that the reason NowTV app hasn't updated it's AppleTV App is that maybe there isn't enough of a customer base who uses AppleTV to watch NowTV justify the expenditure. Because the iPhone App is updated regularly. So it can't be a problem between Apple and Sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is demand for it as the app was released in the Ireland Apple store, and uk has bigger market than Ireland. As I mentioned a few times from the source on a forums a blocked her works in r@d mention 26th January. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

Off topic, but the Disney has just annouced a late March launch date. Subs are £5.99 per month. Or £59.99 for 12 months, one off payment.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nickmorc 

Good spot, BBC website confirms the date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51189379

The new streaming service Disney+ is to launch on 24 March in the UK, a week earlier than originally planned.

Pricing has also been revealed - it will cost £5.99 per month or £59.99 a year, making it more expensive than the earlier DisneyLife platform.

Disney has confirmed that the new service will replace DisneyLife in the UK and Ireland.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And Nowtv essentially want £11.99 for 1080p and 5.1 sound
(for Entertainment pass) whilst Disney and ATV+ charge half.
Sky/Nowtv would make me laugh if it wasn't so bad. Do Nowtv
like losing customers every month.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What’s funny is I only dip into NowTV occasionally because of their abysmal Apple TV app. So in my case they are loosing money as I can’t bare to use the buggy and poor interface of the existing app for long periods. 

What’s stupid is the biggest issue is the lack of recently watched, which I’m sure could probably be added without even updating the app.  I have now had to create a note on my phone to update with what I am watching and which episode is next, seriously that is a joke!

On a positive the picture quality seems noticeably better than my HD Netflix which is supposed to be 1080p, vice 720p on NowTV. Seems to be a better bitrate on NowTV. 

Please update that app and take my money!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'd be happy to stay for significantly longer periods of time with NOW TV
if they just made the Apple TV app like the one on the Roku box. Instead
they choose to lose customers like me who want to use the best box
available.

The only reason I'm with them for the next three months is because they
offered me the entertainment package for £1.60 a month which is basically
peanuts. Still no subtitles on quite a few shows though which I think is
quite disgusting.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s cost cutting that’s why they won’t do it as you know I have a nowtv black box and a 4k Apple box. I have to use the nowtv box because of the better picture with the boost and seeing that it’s not avaliable for Apple. So I’m in the situation where a great device like an Apple 4k box is not updated yet an old black nowtv is. You tell me how they can justify that. To the person asking where the January update was mentioned it was in a post on avforums where a colleague who worked in nowtv R & D mentioned the 26th, as I said at the time how reliable that information was is another thing. Just a complete joke that nowtv continue not to updTe the app, whilst Apple Ireland app was updated over a month ago. Work that one out. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've kept NowTV Entertainment for the family as I'm getting a good offer on it, but have upgraded to full fat Sky Q as it was on offer over Christmas. There's a Roku Stick+ in our bedroom, and one in our daughter's room. It's cheaper to sub to NowTV Entertainment for the 'extra' room access than to pay for Q Experience (ie Multiroom) with Sky (as long as the offers keep rolling in).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is strategy.

it is not ATV market in uk is irrelevant. The opposite.

they don’t want (legitimately but unfortunately) “dilute” the average revenue per user.

that’s why they push Sky Q as aggregator

once they stabilize the present Sky user base they will move to set top box in order to increase the customer base

otherwise you can not explain why there is an Irish app that will be the same in uk...