cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

For me it’s the HBO content. This is still the only real way to view them without a Sky sub. I

would even buy from Apple store but there if they were released weekly after airing, but that seems to be fairly rare for most premium shows these days. 

As soon as there is a better, legal, way to get a hold of this content I am gone. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is just for the HBO content. I think of NOW TV as the Tesco of the TV entertinment world. I shop at Lidl and Aldi but only ever shop at Tesco for what I can't get elsewhere.

If I were a WarnerMedia investors, I would be livid at their management's total lack of confidence in their own product in not following Disney's lead. Sky must have paid an absolute fortune for WarnerMedia content to stop their empire from colapsing.

Sky execs are still convinced they will be keeping Disney content - either they are deluded or don't understand their own market.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My current sky sports pass ends on 8th January and seeing that the nowtv app still not updated for Apple and various other devices I have had to cancel. As soon as the app is updated to a proper app I will return. But I will not pay £33.00 a month for a product that can not be updated and hasn’t been for 4 years whilst the Ireland nowtv app has been. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For me it is the HBO/Showtime Content and also the original production and also Sky Sports I have BT Sports now sorted for a very good price after my EE phone upgrade nice to get that and NowTV is best way get things like F1 which i love and golf and other half of football i watch from time to time.

ScottishMike
Mentor

It’s my monthly check for any news whatsoever on the app...

Nope, thought not.

I think it’s time to cancel and find the content elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read on avforums that someone said there was something happening mid January regarding the app but how reliable the source is I don’t know. I cancelled my sky sport pass couple Of days ago.

nst
Elite

😏it must be so very hard for the development team to take the finished app and submit it to the UK app store.....

they must be too exhausted after pressing the button that submitted it to the Irish app store.

ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Having recently upgraded my TV to a 55” Dolby Vision capable set, the gulf between the 4K HDR10/DV content on Netflix, Prime & ATV+ via Apple TV is huge. I’ve also jumped from a UK Disney Life subscription to a US Disney+ one ahead of signing up the UK Disney+ release at the end of March.

All offer watchlist & up next functionality. All offer 4K HRD10/DV content. And in the case of UK Disney+, an expectation of the ABC content that SKy/NowTV formerly had (Grey’s Anatomy etc - a must for my wife) will now be on that service.

I’ll re-up my NowTV Entertainment subscription for The Orville when it starts, but beyond this I’m now starting to struggle with the diminished content I’m interested in on the service and the direct-from-2010 tvOS app functionality and performance (still no 1080 & 5.1 on Apple TV...).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Orville Season 3 is moving from Fox to Hulu so unless Sky/Now TV have confirmed otherwise then it will only be available (if possible in the UK) via a direct-from-Disney "channel".

ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Hadn’t thought about the UK implications of The Orville’s Hulu move. Barring any must see new HBO series, losing The Orville would be the last thing keeping me on NowTV.