cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, that's chuffing great. Been a Beta app user for Now tv since December last year. They've just pulled support for the beta app, so the only way to carry on with it is with the damned standard awful app on the apple tv. They better have pulled it ready to release the official app, otherwise I want my money back for the month. I'm not prepared to to use the standard app again. Not happening. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like many other people want this on my Apple 4k box, as u just stated they have just pulled the beta app so hopefully that’s a sign. I signed up for the nowtv boost on Saturday for use with a nowtv black box and the difference is so much better. Just a shame the nowtv box can’t do Bluetooth that’s why I prefer the Apple box. 

@Anonymous User I’ve reverted back to using a Roku Streaming Stick+ for the time being. It’s an excellent device, but prefer the Apple tv 4K because of the “Up Next” feature to manage all* of our various streaming queues.

* well, most!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had most of the Roku boxes over the years. Just wish they sort out a decent BT Sport app to go with the rest of the services on there. 

@Anonymous User Yes same here with Roku kit, very impressive. The SS+ seen on sale recently at £29.99 is a bargain, in my opinion. But I’ve “become a bit more optimistic” that it’s not yet game over for the new improved nowtv app on tv 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've no doubt when the nowtv app for apple is released it will be good. The apple 4k box is already a good upscaler. But this does need to happen soon how the app has not been updated is beyond me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll be honest and say, I don't see why there's really any reason to be optimistic yet. For one, the Beta app doesn't follow the guidelines that Apple set out for general release on the apple tv in layout. If you look even at apps like iplayer or Amazon Prime, there's a good reason they are all layed out in a very similar style on the apple tv. Where as the Now TV version stands out like a sore thumb. I can't see that getting passed for release on the App store anytime soon. (but I hope I'm wrong obviously.) 

Good points @Anonymous User however my optimism is based on info recently received so...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know someone who is working on the update so all I can say is that it's happening 😀 When is something that I don't know...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's somehow fitting that Now TV finally goes 1080p SDR with 5.1 audio as the completion is across the board (Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Apple TV+) in 4K HDR with Dolby Atmos audio.  Rather sums up how behind the times Now TV has always been. 

As for the apparently never to be released app, I was in the beta and it was a rather uninspiring experience. The app is bare bones and whilst still a big improvement over the hopeless current version which has been stinking up the app store for several decades it's still not up to much. 

I'm not fussed in all honesty. With Thrones over I haven't watched Now TV in ages. When my current offer runs out, I suspect that will be when I part company with Now TV for good.