cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had an apple 4K TV for about two weeks now and I can't believe the state of the app. I'm literally having to write down what I am watching and what episode I am on onto a piece of paper it's a joke.

The only reason I have signed up again is to watch the Walking Dead. As soon as I've finished with that I'll be cancelling until the last 8 episodes come up in February. I'll only subscribe to watch the Walking Dead in November & Feb.

I'd be even more appalled if I was paying £8.99 a month but I'm getting top-up cards from GAME/Argos which gets me 2 months for £10. I would happily stay for significantly longer amount of time I'm if they sorted the app out, it should at least function like it did on my Roku 3 box also no subtitles for the The Walking Dead which is shameful in my opinion.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i tend to do with my Apple TV box with regards to where i left off on an episode is to go to the NowTV App on my Android Phone or Tablet (make sure you are signed into the App) and under the My TV Continue Watching section it should pick up what you have been watching on your Apple TV.

Saves me remembering where i left off on a TV show.

I am not part of the Apple TV NowTV App Beta programme, but my guess once the new NowTV app does eventually get released there will be some form of My TV Continue Watching on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Hi

Thanks for that info. Would it work on an iPad as well?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Works on mine.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that info. Would it work on an iPad as well?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought so (don't own an iPad or iPhone).

Why don't you test it out (just make sure you are logged into the NowTV App on your iPad with the same NowTV account details that you are using on your ATV box ( assuming you are buying the passes from NowTV and not iTunes).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you all know the new app was released on the Irish App Store on 21st of October I setup an Irish App Store account and downloaded it but it won’t let me sign into my UK now tv account. Having browsed the app though it looks great, far better than the original, surely it won’t be long now before the UK get it

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We can only hope
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, is there a chance to get Now TV app for my Apple TV 4K? 

i live in Italy and I don’t see it on the Apple store, neither is possible to airplay it 😑

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV is UK and IE only. 

A user who has set it up in the UK can roam in Europe for 30 days, but has to show some UK/IE usage after that before getting another 30 days.

I am not aware of any methods by which a user in Italy can apparently pop up in the UK (cough).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.