cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simonpaddy1
Scholar

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Out of interest where did this go live?

i think we’re almost two years out from the original beta so “just a bit longer” is not as short as it might seem. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I upgraded from an Apple TV 3rd gen to a 4K variant a short while back and lost access to the beta app via TestFlight in the process (the beta is there on TestFlight, just no download available for it), so I'm back on the vanilla ATV app ever since. With Grey's Anatomy & Criminal Minds (ABC) potentially lost to Sky/NowTV (my wife's main interest), Watchmen underwhelming, NowTV being 720p/Dolby Digital 2.0 and the recent price increase, we're on the cusp of dropping NowTV as a recurring monthly subscription, especially with newer competitors coming online with 1080 if not 4K content, 5.1 if not Atmos.

The beta app has been in beta for well over a couple of years; it really is time for it to be released before the technical and on-screen presentation of the service on AppleTV slips even further behind the competition.

I've had an apple 4K TV for about two weeks now and I can't believe the state of the app. I'm literally having to write down what I am watching and what episode I am on onto a piece of paper it's a joke.

The only reason I have signed up again is to watch the Walking Dead. As soon as I've finished with that I'll be cancelling until the last 8 episodes come up in February. I'll only subscribe to watch the Walking Dead in November & Feb.

I'd be even more appalled if I was paying £8.99 a month but I'm getting top-up cards from GAME/Argos which gets me 2 months for £10. I would happily stay for significantly longer amount of time I'm if they sorted the app out, it should at least function like it did on my Roku 3 box also no subtitles for the The Walking Dead which is shameful in my opinion.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chaosphere616 

What i tend to do with my Apple TV box with regards to where i left off on an episode is to go to the NowTV App on my Android Phone or Tablet (make sure you are signed into the App) and under the My TV Continue Watching section it should pick up what you have been watching on your Apple TV.

Saves me remembering where i left off on a TV show.

I am not part of the Apple TV NowTV App Beta programme, but my guess once the new NowTV app does eventually get released there will be some form of My TV Continue Watching on it.

RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@ChiefSpaceGobln 

Yes, dip in, dip out is one of NowTV’s main strengths.

But how ironic it would be if NowTV finally got their Apple TV offering out there, only for everyone to find there is nothing much they want to watch on it, and unsubscribe 😛

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

• Hi

Thanks for that info. Would it work on an iPad as well?

0 Thanks

Thanks for that info. Would it work on an iPad as well?

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chaosphere616 

Works on mine.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chaosphere616 

Would have thought so (don't own an iPad or iPhone).

Why don't you test it out (just make sure you are logged into the NowTV App on your iPad with the same NowTV account details that you are using on your ATV box ( assuming you are buying the passes from NowTV and not iTunes).

Debz65
Mentor

Do you all know the new app was released on the Irish App Store on 21st of October I setup an Irish App Store account and downloaded it but it won’t let me sign into my UK now tv account. Having browsed the app though it looks great, far better than the original, surely it won’t be long now before the UK get it