cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the club. Already cancelled my subscription.

benryanmills
Scholar

Hold out just a little bit longer! A tvOS dedicated app for NowTV just went live over the weekend so it should be here soon. Let them get some bugs out of the way and decide it’s okay for the larger market to use. It won’t be long now. At least an app now exists. 

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Out of interest where did this go live?

i think we’re almost two years out from the original beta so “just a bit longer” is not as short as it might seem. 

ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

I upgraded from an Apple TV 3rd gen to a 4K variant a short while back and lost access to the beta app via TestFlight in the process (the beta is there on TestFlight, just no download available for it), so I'm back on the vanilla ATV app ever since. With Grey's Anatomy & Criminal Minds (ABC) potentially lost to Sky/NowTV (my wife's main interest), Watchmen underwhelming, NowTV being 720p/Dolby Digital 2.0 and the recent price increase, we're on the cusp of dropping NowTV as a recurring monthly subscription, especially with newer competitors coming online with 1080 if not 4K content, 5.1 if not Atmos.

The beta app has been in beta for well over a couple of years; it really is time for it to be released before the technical and on-screen presentation of the service on AppleTV slips even further behind the competition.

RoyB
Legend

@ChiefSpaceGobln 

Yes, dip in, dip out is one of NowTV’s main strengths.

But how ironic it would be if NowTV finally got their Apple TV offering out there, only for everyone to find there is nothing much they want to watch on it, and unsubscribe 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nickmorc
Expert 2

@dr_necessitor I had heard something similar. You do feel like a second rate citizen compared to their core satellite tv business LOL  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the Now TV app on the Apple TV 4K allow you to watch live sports like F1? Or is it on demand only?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Currently the only way to watch Sports on any supported NowTV device (including the Apple TV boxes) with a NowTV Sports Pass is live only.

NowTV doesn't currently offer on demand or catchup sports where you need to watch live or on a repeat broadcast.

There is also no red button service on NowTV for watching alternative live sports feeds, so you need to watch from one of the eleven Sky Sports channels transmitting at the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for the quick reply, hmm pretty much makes it a bit useless then apart from using something like a Now TV stick as I believe it has a 30 minute live pause feature.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are a BT TV customer and have the Sports bolt on package then via the BT Youview box EPG i believe you can record live sports (perhaps a BT TV customer can confirm accordingly ?).

I also believe that the red button service will eventually land on NowTV (though i haven't got any inside knowledge to back this up).

Can't comment on demand or catchup for sports, where i would also like this feature added because i watch a lot of Super Rugby down under and the times they are broadcasted live in New Zealand & Australia are no good to me 😠 where i can only watch the home South African and Argentina matches.

The Super Rugby Games are rarely repeated, where with F1 they always seems to have reruns of the race through out the course of the week.