cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Any particular reason why you think so?

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure it will actually (however I don’t think I should reveal why I think so, because I believe I have inadvertently been given some info that I should not have been given 😮 )
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Because it’s taken so long and this is what the 3rd time it’s going back on trial?? I hope I’m wrong because I would love to see what it looks like and how it operates, I’m hoping for big things which I should as I will probably end up being disappointed and have to wait for another three months 

@Anonymous User  Ok yeah see your point (and understand the frustration). Yes it’s been a long while in beta, no idea why really. It seems to work fine. It’s been quite a while since the last time I had to report an issue. Fingers crossed for a public launch sooner rather than later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I know you can’t say but I just hope it’s all I’m expecting

@Anonymous User  Would you like to post your list of expectations of it? Just as a point of interest. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
These are my expectations but I’m sure some of them are pretty much not available or realistic and a release date would be great

TV guide like the iOS feature, watch an episode on my phone and pick it up on my Apple TV, watch list and what would be awesome is integrated with Apple TV app and my one wish is they bring freeview to it
Like you have with sky tv for free over the air channels as tv player is awful and sometimes is just nice to have a TV guide of what’s on, although I’m sure that will never happen, I do think Apple TV lacks a proper tv app for English television, also an episode reminder if there isn’t already one would be awesome.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve cancelled. Hung in for years and years and years. And now they put the price up.

Disney+  and Apple+ are literally gonna destroy them come the new year!

Should they ever release this app I may return but I’m not paying £8.99 a month for 1.0 crap app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I do t think it’s getting released anytime this year if I’m honest
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to Nowtv and using on an Apple TV.  It really is outdated when looking at other apps. And not linking into apple tv app is frustrating. Just glad it’s not a long contract

ScottishMike
Mentor

To add insult to injury, the combination of the latest TVOS update and the NowTV app really is a buggy mess.

With no new app on the horizon, I think its time to cancel the sub and find my viewing elsewhere.