cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried reporting a change of "Home" screen.  All of a sudden I get a blank screen with "powered by Roku" in top left hand corner.  When I try to access "MyApps" to get onto iPlayer etc, just isn't possible.  There's nothing available .

I contact NOW to try to resolve it and all I get is an unhelpful "call handler" who really didn't have a clue what I was talking about and then "unfortunately" our connection was lost and he/she was cut off.  

Still waiting for a helpful reply from NOW.  Bring on Apple TV I say.  My experience of NOW is that they take your money upfront, then if you've got problems,......so what.....SAD.  Just outsource it to someone else who will do as little as they must, to meet their/your  service requirements.  a disgrace....

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Good man 😁

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that. but I don’t understand it either, except that the Stick got so upset its Roku underpinnings started to show through, because that was all it could do.

So, while it’s powered up, press the button on the side of the Stick in, and keep it held for 15-30 seconds, until it reboots. Then reestablish your credentials, and see if it will now straighten up and fly right.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

Same here. This has happened before, as some of you may recall. Looks like the release process went wrong. Maybe not such a great idea to fire it out just before a bank holiday weekend without checking that all is well 😂 Have emailed the trials manager but inevitably 4.3(1) will expire before there will be a response (so back to the Roku Streaming Stick+ until it gets sorted).

nickmorc
Expert 2

Oh dear, back to the old prehistoric app. Hope this gets sorted soon.

UPDATE

Should have checked my emails sooner. Enough said.

@nickmorc  Have had a reply from them to say they hope to have it back on TestFlight soon.

nickmorc
Expert 2

@dr_necessitor my fault should have checked my emails before writing on the forum. Many thanks for replying.

@nickmorc etc and it’s back [version 4.3(3) on TestFlight]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still waiting for a beta invite as it's not possible to watch as it is of now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I dont think this will ever get out of the beta testing for the general public