nickmorc
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

No luck with mine, expires in 3 days 😥

0 Thanks
moroboshi
Expert

It's odd as the Test flight email is most likely automatic when a new build is uploaded. 

Same here. Received the email regarding 4,3 (2) being available on Test Flight on ATV. Loading up Test Flight on ATV though and no update available, just the present beta set to elapse on 26th August (3 days hence, bank holiday Monday).

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

At least you all have the beta for the next couple of days 🤣🤣 and aren’t suffering like the rest of us, shame about the NDA as I just want to know is it still worth the subscriptions every month or should I take the leap get rid of the Apple TV which I love and get sky Q instead which I really don't want to do. I just want to know is it worth the wait that’s all
0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dean0989  et al

Anybody want to explain to me why the ongoing problems with the Apple TV, on which most everything else works fine, needs to be solved by the big jump to a Sky subscription, rather than just getting a £20 NowTV Stick to be going on with?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

Because I bought an Apple TV 4K box because it’s brilliant does everything I want and links with the other boxes in my house but the Now TV app is awful having to search which episode I’m on through my phone rather than picking up where I left of etc. I don’t want sky but would like a better app for now tv as i prefer not to be in contract. But if a new version of the beta is being released does that mean we have to wait even longer for it to be released to the general public??
0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dean0989 

Thanks. I understand full well why you want to keep your AppleTV, and like you I hope that the NowTV App on it will finally reach the standard of the app on other platforms.

But what I don’t understand is what Sky Q, with its expensive monthly subscription, would bring you, as a way of accessing Sky content, over the one-off £20 purchase of a NowTV Stick, which will play all your existing Passes as well as they can possibly be played, until you can finally use the app on the AppleTV for NowTV as you intend? If ever......

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Dean0989
Scholar

I took your advice and went and brought one till it’s updated, could t bring myself to get sky q, thanks for the advice
0 Thanks
Mthny
Advocate

I've tried reporting a change of "Home" screen.  All of a sudden I get a blank screen with "powered by Roku" in top left hand corner.  When I try to access "MyApps" to get onto iPlayer etc, just isn't possible.  There's nothing available .

I contact NOW to try to resolve it and all I get is an unhelpful "call handler" who really didn't have a clue what I was talking about and then "unfortunately" our connection was lost and he/she was cut off.  

Still waiting for a helpful reply from NOW.  Bring on Apple TV I say.  My experience of NOW is that they take your money upfront, then if you've got problems,......so what.....SAD.  Just outsource it to someone else who will do as little as they must, to meet their/your  service requirements.  a disgrace....

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dean0989 

Good man 😁

0 Thanks