cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No luck for me either. Same email ref 4.3 (2), same problem that Testflight on the Apple TV doesn't show any updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, if it helps, which obviously it doesn't. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

No luck with mine, expires in 3 days 😥

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's odd as the Test flight email is most likely automatic when a new build is uploaded. 

ChiefSpaceGobln
Scholar

Same here. Received the email regarding 4,3 (2) being available on Test Flight on ATV. Loading up Test Flight on ATV though and no update available, just the present beta set to elapse on 26th August (3 days hence, bank holiday Monday).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
At least you all have the beta for the next couple of days 🤣🤣 and aren’t suffering like the rest of us, shame about the NDA as I just want to know is it still worth the subscriptions every month or should I take the leap get rid of the Apple TV which I love and get sky Q instead which I really don't want to do. I just want to know is it worth the wait that’s all
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User  et al

Anybody want to explain to me why the ongoing problems with the Apple TV, on which most everything else works fine, needs to be solved by the big jump to a Sky subscription, rather than just getting a £20 NowTV Stick to be going on with?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Because I bought an Apple TV 4K box because it’s brilliant does everything I want and links with the other boxes in my house but the Now TV app is awful having to search which episode I’m on through my phone rather than picking up where I left of etc. I don’t want sky but would like a better app for now tv as i prefer not to be in contract. But if a new version of the beta is being released does that mean we have to wait even longer for it to be released to the general public??
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks. I understand full well why you want to keep your AppleTV, and like you I hope that the NowTV App on it will finally reach the standard of the app on other platforms.

But what I don’t understand is what Sky Q, with its expensive monthly subscription, would bring you, as a way of accessing Sky content, over the one-off £20 purchase of a NowTV Stick, which will play all your existing Passes as well as they can possibly be played, until you can finally use the app on the AppleTV for NowTV as you intend? If ever......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I took your advice and went and brought one till it’s updated, could t bring myself to get sky q, thanks for the advice