cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nickmorc
Expert 2

Now the app has reverted back, I forgot that watching on the Apple Tv messes up your continued watching list. Had to get the ipad out and fast forward through several episodes just to clear the list. 

The technical advances of Now Tv  LOL

@nickmorc We have reverted to watching NOW TV via the Roku Streaming Stick+ until the situation with the new improved NOW TV app for tv is resolved one way or the other

nickmorc
Expert 2

@dr_necessitor Looks like I might have to do a similar thing. The old app is so bad it must be embarrassing for a company the size of Sky.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Just deleted Apple Tv from my devices. A great shame as now I have to use another device just to watch Now Tv.  Only watching Chernobyl now anyway, so will see how we go after that.

• @nickmorc I read something elsewhere suggesting that the release of full integration of NOW TV with YouView is pretty imminent, so I’m going to speculate that perhaps the new NOW TV app for tv might be launched as part of that. Must stress that I have absolutely no inside knowledge about this, it’s purely my own guess work!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Now TV is an extremely low priority on Sky's ToDo list. Evidently people are still buying obscenely expensive satellite subs, hence the focus on Sky Q. 

Funny really, as with GOT gone and the next big fantasy shows on Amazon (untitled Middle Earth show) and Netflix (The Witcher) you have to wonder what Sky have left to offer. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User Think you hit the nail on the head. The only decent series left at the moment is Chernobyl. 

Just started watching season 4 of Fear The Walking Dead which has just landed on Amazon Prime, quite good it is too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV Testers should have received in the last few minutes an EM from Apple Testflight enabling again the Beta version on their boxes. I have at least. It seems our pressure here and elsewhere has worked. 

Now resuming being quiet about the trial after my justified imo rant about its withdrawal. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

Sadly nowt yet for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is still running 720p and stero. It looks very very back on 75 inch tv. its 2019 their streaming still 720p low frame rate. What a joke!!