cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean0989
Scholar

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

I'm sure I read somewhere that amazon have bid and won some premier league football matches for next season. It would be fantastic if there was a shift in they way we watch these things rather than be held to lengthy contracts and high pricing. my only wish for the apple tv is to have a programme guide for the uk similar to the layout of Sky q etc rather than the horrible TV player, and one were you could have reminders etc for your episodes or shows. I'm new to apple tv so please feel free to share if this is something that already exists as I would love to cancel sky q all together and just use my apple tv 

0 Thanks
KernowChris
Scholar 2

I've resisted adding to this thread, I was on the trial of the new interface, wasn't asked to do anything though, which was annoying, the trial app has now expired and now I'm back with the rest of you on the ancient version. 

NowTV, this like your procrastination over HD is disgraceful. We need to know when you are going to release the trialled version, which emulated other device interfaces well. 

Come on get some information out to customers NOW. Your information flow is atrocious. 

Dean0989
Scholar

@KernowChris was the new interface any good??

0 Thanks
nickmorc
Expert 2

Seems strange that the trial ended and the app has reverted back to the old one. A great shame, as the Apple Tv box does seem to offer the best experience.

I am sure Now Tv have a plan. Fingers crossed !

dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Sadly the beta app trial has now ended and there is currently no news about if/when it will be released. Vast improvement on the old app. Until there is further news, it’s back to the Roku Streaming Stick+ for us then.

0 Thanks
BMox81
Observer

Yes the trial has ended for me as well. We definitely liked using the new interface.

However with the old app I’m now unable to log back in. I get the dreaded 1610 error message...

0 Thanks
Scointer12
Scholar 2

It really has become a complete mess. A trial with no input from any trial team that just finishes and reverts to a ancient horrible version. Hardly any responses from moderators on this forum. I really hope this is not the way forward under Comcast. This used to be one of the best most responsive forums for input from actual NowTV staff but has completely turned on its head.

There seems to be a 'community manager & administrator' that post once or twice a month now??

nickmorc
Expert 2

Certainly is a strange move on Now Tvs part, a very backward step.

I emailed one of the mods but never got a reply, which is a shame as prior to that they had been very helpful.

To be fair the trials team did email back very quick with any queries that I had. 

Agree with the comments regarding these forum pages. The lack of input from anyone from Nowtv gives the impression of a product and a community dying on its knees.

Highlighted
Scointer12
Scholar 2

@nickmorc Did the trial team respond to what is the next step now the trial has expired and we are forced to use the ancient version again. The trial has been running for over 4 months, it would appear they just have no interest in updating this app and the goalposts have moved massively since being taken over.

Isn't it funny how quick they are to post when there is a PPV event that they want you to buy ££££COMCAST£££££