cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nickmorc
Expert 2

Seems strange that the trial ended and the app has reverted back to the old one. A great shame, as the Apple Tv box does seem to offer the best experience.

I am sure Now Tv have a plan. Fingers crossed !

Sadly the beta app trial has now ended and there is currently no news about if/when it will be released. Vast improvement on the old app. Until there is further news, it’s back to the Roku Streaming Stick+ for us then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes the trial has ended for me as well. We definitely liked using the new interface.

However with the old app I’m now unable to log back in. I get the dreaded 1610 error message...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really has become a complete mess. A trial with no input from any trial team that just finishes and reverts to a ancient horrible version. Hardly any responses from moderators on this forum. I really hope this is not the way forward under Comcast. This used to be one of the best most responsive forums for input from actual NowTV staff but has completely turned on its head.

There seems to be a 'community manager & administrator' that post once or twice a month now??

nickmorc
Expert 2

Certainly is a strange move on Now Tvs part, a very backward step.

I emailed one of the mods but never got a reply, which is a shame as prior to that they had been very helpful.

To be fair the trials team did email back very quick with any queries that I had. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree with the comments regarding these forum pages. The lack of input from anyone from Nowtv gives the impression of a product and a community dying on its knees.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc Did the trial team respond to what is the next step now the trial has expired and we are forced to use the ancient version again. The trial has been running for over 4 months, it would appear they just have no interest in updating this app and the goalposts have moved massively since being taken over.

Isn't it funny how quick they are to post when there is a PPV event that they want you to buy ££££COMCAST£££££

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User No I emailed from the test fight app when I noticed the clock was ticking down on the days left. 

Just booted up the Apple TV now have to delete the device spot to use the rubbish app, it really is bad.

Let’s hope something else is in the works and quickly too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nickmorc What was the interface like was it a big improvement or the same with just a few changes??

nickmorc
Expert 2

@Anonymous User Lets just say it was a vast improvement on the existing app.