cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_necessitor
Expert 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Heads up all you tv Gen.4 & tv 4K owners!

Register now to join a trial of NOW TV's re-vamped app for tv as per the following post...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/We-need-your-help/m-p/472560#M12904

Highlighted
moroboshi
Expert

I'm genuinely shocked, I thought Sky were finished with the Apple TV for good. Let's hope the new so delivers where it matters.

- frame rate matching

- universal Siri search

- my list

- history

- TV app support

- modern UI 

- top shelf

- higher quality video - 1080p support at the very minimum for whenever Sky finally start streaming watchable video at modern bitrates. 

- surround sound support, again for when (if) Sky finally decide it's time to compete with Netflix and Amazon

- resume play

- syncing between devices

- and no bugs or crashes!

CT22
Advocate

Love it. 

I signed up immediately. 

Frankiejr
Advocate

Also signed up. It is the only app I reluctantly use on the Apple TV when I would really prefer not to because of how painful the experience is. 

ashley8bit
Mentor

I get the following error when trying to click the link:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Do I need to do do anything to my account if so how? I’ve been hoping for a Now TV update for years. 

0 Thanks
captainwonkish
Advocate

I'm getting the same error but would definitely like to join the beta (am used to testing/filing bugs).

0 Thanks
endsbowen
Mentor

Is this still valid,

0 Thanks
RobotKhan
Scholar

Shame New now tv app on apple tv its not happening anymore. Beta thing was all joke. Extremely disappointed how it has been handled. 

0 Thanks
moroboshi
Expert

@RobotKhan wrote:

Shame New now tv app on apple tv its not happening anymore. Beta thing was all joke. Extremely disappointed how it has been handled. 

Where did you hear that it was a joke? 

0 Thanks
stoli412
Scholar

Ignore him. He comes on here every few days and proclaims that the beta has been delayed or cancelled or was never actually going to happen, but he never provides his source. Yes, it's annoying that Now TV haven't provided an update on what's going on with the beta, but that's nothing new, and it's not helpful to spread (mis)information without providing a credible source.