cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a recent article in Forbes that shows the phenomenal success of Amazon Video's updated app on Apple TV. NowTV should see this as justification for updating their app on Apple TV.

"Amazon has revealed today that the recently released Apple TV version of Amazon Video has enjoyed more downloads in its first week than any other app in the history of tvOS. 

The fact that this has happened on a platform which has long boasted both Netflix and its own iTunes collection of TV shows and movies shows just how important the presence of Amazon Video has become to any video streaming device."

Apple TV Amazon Video App Is A Record Breaker

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree with most posts here, I’ve cancelled Cinema and Entertainment, also sorely tempted to cancel Sport - the current Apple TV app is an embarrassment and not worth my money.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I wonder what Sky's Apple TV team looks like. An empty chair perhaps? Or a corpse?"

I have it on good authority that one of those options is in fact entirely accurate.

As for Amazon doing well: great. I subscribe to Prime, and although the Fire TV stick is fine, I'm happier using just one device. Once Channel 4 get their ###### in gear, that's telly largely sorted. Well, apart from NOW TV, but I'll spend my money elsewhere until they actually seem to give a toss about their users.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

According to the app store, This app was last upadated in 2015.. The lack of support is just not worth subscribing for.. 

To be honest i'd subscribe to the service if it was integrated into the TV app on the Apple tv.. for now i'll just stick with Netflix, Amazon Prime, iplayer, ITV OD and My5..

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My local Sainsbury supermarket has a load of vouchers for sale so ive bought 2 £15 now tv card vouchers, 1 card gives 3 months entertainment, at a fiver a month its worth the hassle on the apple app but not for full price, I have done online searches and there is a lot of deals around with vouchers etc for now tv. I wont be paying full price again. Another tip if you are subscribing if you go to cancel and on the options say you can't afford it they always give you a deal to stay, I've done this a few times to in the past and then just cancelled when that deals ends, in the past 18 months Ive only paid full price 3 times 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just as another question..

is is the Apple TV app still only 720p with stereo sound.?

Rich.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Just as another question..

is is the Apple TV app still only 720p with stereo sound.?

Rich.

Yep, and at 4mbit in SDR. 

As a comparison, Netflix is 25mbit 4K Dolby Vision HDR with Dolby Atmos.

It's like a Robin Reliant vs a Tesla. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s really just appalling considering the other services on offer..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was actually seriously considering subscribing which lead me back to this forum.. but considering the following:

No Full HD option (let alone 4K & HDR)

No surround sound

No user options (watched lists, favourites, episode tracking, etc..)

Out of date app

No Apple TV app integration

I think I’ll pass for a while longer.. it really is a poor service all round.. the Channel 5 app is better than this, and the service is free.!! Lol..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My voucher has nearly expired so I logged into my acount to cancel, and they have offered me 4 months entertainment pack for £3.49 a month, so I clicked yes. For this price the poor quality of the app is worth it but not a full price. I f you really want NOWtv look for the deals, I still have a £15 voucher to use that allowa 3 months entertainment.