cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eddie-M or Someone at NOW TV,

Could someone please address these people's issues?

I'm getting so frustrated with NOW TV's slow uptake to be able to employ a team of decent app writers that can actually roll out updates that keep NOW TV at least on par with reasonable expectations and capabilities of other similar apps. Not even being able to search by actor or director is appalling to say the least. There's virtually no support of Smart TV app, there's a crazy 4-device limit when there is already a 2-stream cap to protect against misuse.

There's more I could bring up, but I'm not going to open those cans of worms here. I guess what I'm trying to say is that NOW TV, as a company, have some great content but they do not demonstrate a level of commitment towards their customers to match.

I have written feedback email, mentioned issues on support calls/chats, and recall posting on here a few times before, but I feel like a voice on deaf ears.

Please realize the people with problems and needs on here are indicative of people showing NOW TV a map to levels of success that advertising, marketing, and promotional literature could never touch. This is one of the significant reasons that kept Netflix at the top of their game.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have joined NowTV to watch Twin Peaks and excited about it.  

But there are two things that are really irritating on the newer Apple TV App. 

1.  If I have been watching NowTV, open another app and go back into NowTV I am greeted by a black screen.  It's impossible to do anything or quit until I go to close all apps.  

2.   I cannot find a recently watched so if I have been watching a series I need to start all over and search again.  

Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly, they've known about this for 18 months now but still haven't released an update to fix this.

Any news yet, @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interestingly Sky actually sent out an email this morning telling subscribers about their apparently highly improved Xbox One app. Given that the app was already light years ahead of the Apple TV app it shows where Sky's priorities lie.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be great to have the Apple TV app giving ithe same services as the iPhone app with a little extra as the Apple TV system is a dedicated media streaming Apple service hence it should have more to it than is on other Apple applications without any sacrifice to currently available services on windows, iOS & Android is based devices.
Time to keep up with the tech B Sky B and stop relying on out of date tech to prop up you business. This restriction in interaction will eventually cripple your business as your customers will leave you for a company who is more forward thinking with inavation and not just cashing in on old tech.
Time to invest in tech development to grow your business B Sky B.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys, this is dreadful.

I've been reading these forums for a while, but my irritation has gone on for too long.

We are all paying customers (some as much as £50/month), and yet it's really pathetic that you can't seem to listen to what your customers are asking for.

I know Apple TV probably isn't a priority for you guys, and that's understandable as the user base is probably small in comparison to other platforms, however every single other platform has a clean, user-friendly interface, and yet we're stuck with an app that is a cut/paste of the old Apple TV app.

The fact that it hasn't even been updated (for bug fixes and performance improvements) since the very first day it was released in 2015 (and again, that was a cut/paste of the old one), is really astounding.

You're not a charity, you're not a public body - you're a private company and you have the money and resources to at least make your Apple TV app the same as all your other apps.

Every other company can seem to put out a usable app that doesn't look like it's from 2009, but the fact that you're ignoring post after post from your customers saying how bad the app is and how much it needs to be updated is really painful to see.

This may seem like a rant, but I hope I speak for others when I say that this is perfectly legitimate criticism, and you would do well to take it on board and improve ASAP.

Adam
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys. My NowTV app is constantly crashing on my AppleTV. Firstly the movie's live schedule tends to change and disappear once a month, so currently now you can't see a schedule for live movies. Then on the entertainment, every time I review the schedule moving from channel to channel cause the screen to go white and the app crashes. This happens every 3/4 channel searches, i.e. Scrolling through the live channel schedule. This has been happening every time I use it for the last two weeks. It used to crash once every two weeks, with the screen going green and then the entire Apple TV crashes and restarts. Now the app just crashes, but it happens about 10-15 times a day which is super annoying. It makes using NowTV almost unbearable and is going to lose a lot of customers very quickly.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They've been saying that for months!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it’s safe to say NOW TV has no intention of supporting Apple TV, presumably because they’d rather people bought their own hardware box instead. Really, the company should stop stringing everyone along, and either port the iOS app (which is fine), kill the Apple TV app entirely and echo Amazon Prime Video in allowing full AirPlay between iOS and Apple TV, or just stop all support for Apple TV entirely and risk losing subscribers.

The only reason I still subscribe is because it’s cheaper than buying the few shows I still watch over getting them on iTunes or grabbing a DVD. But the experience is now getting to the point it’s just not worth it. No search. Black screens. Broken loading. Duplicate episode lists. Hardly any subtitles. No favourites lists. Etc. I’m sure we’ll again hear how “hopefully” there will be some news “soon”, but this is the same thing we’ve been hearing for two years now. And if it quacks like a piece of abandonware, it probably is abandonware.