cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate

Re: Live movie listings incorrect

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@SamKirk wrote:

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

As I mentioned before... this particular feature is entirely out of NOW TV hands. It's created for Apple by a third-party!

I take it this can be fixed? if so who do we contact for help regarding this issue?

Thank in advance  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@wiztec007 wrote:

I take it this can be fixed? if so who do we contact for help regarding this issue?

Apple would probably be a good start...

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@SamKirk wrote:

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

As I mentioned before... this particular feature is entirely out of NOW TV hands. It's created for Apple by a third-party!

Sorry @SeeMoreDigital, but this is definitely a NowTV issue. The app may look like an Apple templete, however it is developed by Sky/NowTV, not Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/now-tv-watch-latest-movies/id734383600?mt=8 the developer is listed as "Sky UK Limited ©BSKYB", not Apple. The App isn't pre installed on the 4th Gen Apple TV and is only available via the App Store, and like every other app in the store, the workings are the responsibility of the app developer.  The third-party is in fact Sky/NowTv in this case. Even if Apple did build the app for Sky, with Sky just publishing said app to the store, it's still a problem for Sky to sort it out.  
I would assume NowTV push the content to this container app, and something has gone wrong duing this process last week for the live movies. The app may be terrible but surely this is a quick fix, NowTV staff!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@wiztec007 wrote:

Thank in advance  

@wiztec007 it's a Sky/NowTV issue not Apple, we should be contacting them

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @mrhoopla

Thanks for bringing this to us i have flagged this to our Content team to see if its intentional or if its an issue once i find out i will get back you here. 🙂

Thanks

Eddie

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @mrhoopla

Having spoke with our content team about this we can confirm as @SeeMoreDigital has said before that this issue can only be fixed by Apple. We have no control over this at all you can get in touch with Apple here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/apple-tv 🙂

Cheers

Eddie

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm not sure if this will be of any help here, but there was an issue quite a long time ago, where the time that was shown on the live channels list for   programs was incorrect. It turned out that in for the proper time to be displayed. The time had to be set correctly on your playback device because NowTV uses the time settings of your device in order to display the times that programs are shown

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Scholar

@commanda6 Thanks - yup, I remember that issue, I'll have a play with the date and time setting (i'll switch from the current automatic to manual and see how it goes). I'm a tad skeptical about it working as all other live channels work fine and it's just the movies that seem to be locked to a specific date and time from about a week ago.

@Eddie-M I'm confused to why this is an Apple issue, could you get the team to expand please? The app is listed as being developed by Sky, not Apple. I've worked on products (iOS apps) in a simialr ecosystem and as far as I'm aware its the developer who have to solve problems with specific apps. If I were to contact Apple about a problem with an app that isn't officailly listed as being developed by Apple they would tell me to contact the developer in question. In fact Apple actaully tells you contact NowTV if you follow the procedure suggested in the link you have provided: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht204153  

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

The 'app' that Sky provides is the basic 'front-end'. Everything else, such as the GUI layout, the links to the NOW TV content, the stylizing, even the content images is controlled by Apple!

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I find this very hard to believe?!  I develop apps for Apple devices for a living and it seems you are suggesting Apple has developed this app for you?

i'm looking at the App Store right now and it says developed by "Sky UK Limited".  This looks very much to me like Sky have altered the content delivery but not updated the Apple TV app!  In fact it says "Last updated 27 Oct 2015".  In app development world, that's a lifetime!!

At best Apple may have changed how the innards of their systems work but it doesn't mean it's Apples responsibility to update the millions of apps on the App Store for everybody.  It means the developers (that's Sky by the way) have to update your app to new standards which shift constantly.

Pull your finger out Sky, sort your app out. If you need a hand send me the source code and I'll finish the job for you 🙂