cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I find this very hard to believe?!  I develop apps for Apple devices for a living and it seems you are suggesting Apple has developed this app for you?

i'm looking at the App Store right now and it says developed by "Sky UK Limited".  This looks very much to me like Sky have altered the content delivery but not updated the Apple TV app!  In fact it says "Last updated 27 Oct 2015".  In app development world, that's a lifetime!!

At best Apple may have changed how the innards of their systems work but it doesn't mean it's Apples responsibility to update the millions of apps on the App Store for everybody.  It means the developers (that's Sky by the way) have to update your app to new standards which shift constantly.

Pull your finger out Sky, sort your app out. If you need a hand send me the source code and I'll finish the job for you 🙂

THIS!! Thank you @Anonymous User! The info gathered from this thread more and more leads me to think Sky just ported the source code from the old app, built for the 2nd and 3rd Gen AppleTV(which was probably just a container/template), and have washed their hands of it. I might start a new topic as it feels like a bigger issue than just a content miss match. There are numerious threads asking for updates to the app, feedback from which 'has been passed on to the dev team', but what if there is no dev team for the AppleTV app? We deserve to know if it's project Sky have abandoned so we an move on and find better content providers for the device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same here - there must have been an update recently as it was fine the other day...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I am having same problem but know ones how to fix it !!!!! I have sign out and back in no change. Reset box to factory setting no change!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've had this same issue since Thursday night/morning. Same on both my Apple tv's 4th gen
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

As I mentioned before... this particular feature is entirely out of NOW TV hands. It's created for Apple by a third-party!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

As I mentioned before... this particular feature is entirely out of NOW TV hands. It's created for Apple by a third-party!

I take it this can be fixed? if so who do we contact for help regarding this issue?

Thank in advance  

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I take it this can be fixed? if so who do we contact for help regarding this issue?

Apple would probably be a good start...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank in advance  

@Anonymous User it's a Sky/NowTV issue not Apple, we should be contacting them

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sorry @SeeMoreDigital, but this is definitely a NowTV issue. The app may look like an Apple templete, however it is developed by Sky/NowTV, not Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/now-tv-watch-latest-movies/id734383600?mt=8 the developer is listed as "Sky UK Limited ©BSKYB", not Apple. The App isn't pre installed on the 4th Gen Apple TV and is only available via the App Store, and like every other app in the store, the workings are the responsibility of the app developer.  The third-party is in fact Sky/NowTv in this case. Even if Apple did build the app for Sky, with Sky just publishing said app to the store, it's still a problem for Sky to sort it out.  
I would assume NowTV push the content to this container app, and something has gone wrong duing this process last week for the live movies. The app may be terrible but surely this is a quick fix, NowTV staff!