cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Live movie listings incorrect

Same here - there must have been an update recently as it was fine the other day...
Highlighted
Scholar

Thanks for your reply SeeMoreDigital, however I don't necessarily think any 'Appleizing' is the issue. Once you are in the channel schedule, the (dated) UI/UX is idential to what it was days ago and that of the live entertiament channels (which still work perctly fine).

It appears there's a mismatch between content and listing, which could very well be a third party/middle man issue, however it's a problem that should still be sorted by, and ultimately the responsibility of, NowTV (given we are paying customers).

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mrhoopla wrote:

Thanks for your reply SeeMoreDigital, however I don't necessarily think any 'Appleizing' is the issue. Once you are in the channel schedule, the (dated) UI/UX is idential to what it was days ago and that of the live entertiament channels (which still work perctly fine).

Hi @mrhoopla,

Are you able to take a photo of what you are seeing? As I suspect the UI on the Apple devices will be different to the UI on other NOW TV playback devices...

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Hi @SeeMoreDigital - I've attached a picture shwoing the Apple TV, however it won't help much - the way the UI works is it shows a black screen with a live listings and start times for  the channel on the right of the screen, with a preview image and description for the coressponding movie on the left. Once you've clicked on this screen, the playback of said live channel will begin. So, the listings could for 'Sky Cinema Hits' say Pearl Harbor is the live movie being broadcast (despite the odd time of the next film), however when you click on the channel you'll get the actaul live broadcast which is The Trust (as shown in the iOS screen grab also attached). The UI is so bad on the Apple TV app that you actaully have no idea what you're watching when on a live stream once you've begun (this is true of all live tv). Further the listings seem to be locked into a specific time and date, arond midnight is my guess.

IMG_4703.JPGIMG_4701.PNG

It's clearly a bug, somone at NowTV please look at this!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

mrhoopla wrote: 

It's clearly a bug, somone at NowTV please look at this!!

Now I'm able to see what you are seeing I can confirm that the UI (on the left) is not provided/generated by NOW TV. It 100% 'Appleized' and under their control, not NOW TV's. Smiley Surprised

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@SeeMoreDigital the UI's not the problem (as an aside other apps actaully handle the design guideline pretty well!) - it's the fact we're given inocrrect information within the app, which it wasn't doing previously!

The app hasn't been updated for over a year, and OS for months, so it's cleaerly an issue with the content (i.e. from Now TV). I'm guessin it's an issue with whatever CMS NowTV are using to push the info out. Now TV staff, get on it please!

(ps, thanks for the replys @SeeMoreDigital, it is appreciated!)

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

No I am having same problem but know ones how to fix it !!!!! I have sign out and back in no change. Reset box to factory setting no change!!!
Highlighted
Expert 2

I've had this same issue since Thursday night/morning. Same on both my Apple tv's 4th gen
Highlighted
Scholar

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SamKirk wrote:

Me too.  Apple TV 4th Gen! Seriously guys, time to roll out a dedicated TVos app!

As I mentioned before... this particular feature is entirely out of NOW TV hands. It's created for Apple by a third-party!

0 Thanks