cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I for one would like to see any kind of update for Apple TV. Anything would be better than how it currently looks/works. 

nickmorc
Expert 2

Bob Hope and No Hope sadly. Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently watched
Favourites

Both these items would be good as standard. It's quite frustrating as a new subscriber to NowTV using my AppleTV to have to search for what I'm watching every time.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To quote an earlier post from 2015: 

"I noticed that when watching a tv series, after an episode finishes the next episode does not auto play, infact the app just hangs on a blank screen and you have to back out before you can continue and select a new episode."

Unfortunately this is still the case in October 2016!! 

And on my new TV4....!

If only we could use the IOS app that works properly??

It's very offputting to have this malarkey every time you watch a series.......tortoise' at work, no hares?

Please don't ignore this any longer and with your restrictive monthly screen replacements b.....y annoying.

We are paying for this frustration......

......tortoise' at work, no hares?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV verson: 3rd Generation

Not sure there is any point adding to this post, as it looks like Sky only bothered posting one response in April saying how much they love to hear what their customers want ...then ignore it for half a year.  Anyway, the reason I am here is because I have just started using NowTV, and I am trying to find out how to continue watching a film (yes, I insist on calling it a film rather than 'movie'.  Can't believe people in this country call push chairs buggies, soon women will be using 'pocket books')

Rant on Americanisation (my good, an 's') of this country over...

The following article led me to believe that you can only do this from a PC

http://help.nowtv.com/article/My-TV-and-watchlists

So I came to the forum, as I couldn't quite believe that these features would be missing.  Well, this thread has proven it to be the case.

I can add to my watch and list and continue watching Netflix from any app, even on my two (maybe three) year old TV that has had no updates that I am aware of...

I have left Sky partly due to the cost, but also the appaling way they pay no attention to complaints about their Sky box software (fed up with missing series of linked programmes, and the box freezing/unable to switch on).

Looks like NowTV is just as bad, if not worse (at least I could easily select a programme I was watching on a Sky box ..if it wasn't frozen).  The one good thing is that I haven't had to buy a box from Sky.  I bet there are thousands of Sky boxes collecting dust when people are fed up paying for 'very little' ...and the box becomes useless because they cripple it from recording anything, great for the environment  Don't you just love Sky ...????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to see the Apple TV 4 app updated to look like the Now TV Box app. The UI looks much smarter on the now tv box, or even it could look like it does on the iPhone/iPad, would be a great improvement.

mainly for me is more fluidity changing channels. Would be great to bring up the now and next guide and scroll through the channels, then switch to the one I want without having to click back, then scroll to the channel the click ok to watch like we currently have to do.

im not bothered with the Siri integration, would be a nice touch, but rarely use it as it never brings up the right program or film, have a mixed accent so don't think it always understands me lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unless the AppleTV app is heavily improved - particularly the poor video codec - then my subscription is being cancelled. I have tried to enjoy the NowTV experience on AppleTV and I am afraid I cannot kid myself any more - it is very poor. When I also consider that for similar cost I get a far better experience from Netflix and a much smoother video delivery there is no contest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just cancelled my subscription. I'm sick and tired of waiting for Sky to give the Apple TV app the attention it needs, whilst still expecting us to pay the same amount for an inferior experience. If the app gets a complete rewrite into something usable, I may consider returning.

But to be honest, I'm really not sure Sky content is worth subscribing to anymore. I get my films elsewhere (Netflix, Amazon, Apple), I don't watch Sport at all, and I have BT TV for access to the most important non-Sky pay channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nopw TV - the whole reason that i bought my apple tv was so that i could play all of my subscriptions through one port as my TV is quire old and my you view box will not play now tv entertainment only films.

Now i find that it is a really poor version when i ask Siri to search he says that is not available in my region - what ever that means and he cannot explain what that means.

I too will be leaving my subscription if this is not resolved soon and move back to netflix or amazon prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After waiting almost a year since any communication about an NowTV update from Sky, we are still no further on. This is no longer an update you can skimp on. I'm also cancelling my subscription, as there are better apps i.e. Netflix, TV Player, BBC iPlayer on the Apple TV App Store that take full advantage of the system.

An update isn't coming anytime soon.

I'm cancelling NowTV aswell