cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ataraxia
Contributor 1

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

202 Replies
nickmorc
Helper 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

So many people have asked for this, sadly nowt has happened yet.

I am hoping that the reason its taking so long is that Now TV are making a fantastic App for us to enjoy on the Apple Tv and make use of its advanced features.

If they are not, then a clear message to say that its not going to be updated within the next 12 months, should be stated on this forum.

Nick

0 Thanks
Ryan-R
Community Administrator

Hey @Ataraxia and @nickmorc

We're always working on improving the service across all our devices for all of our customers. 

We also love to hear what you guys want from us and we do get some really great feedback.

What sort of changes would you like to see with the Apple TV App? We can get this passed on straightaway 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

nickmorc
Helper 3

Hi Ryan

Why don't we open up a debate for the Apple Users to look at, for me, I would be happy if the App worked like it does on the current Now Tv Box. Smiley Wink

v33nlo
Occasional Poster

personally what i would like to see is the app running smooth, its really glitchy and the frame rate is often terrible, also ive noticed that when watching a tv series, after an episode finishes the next episode does not auto play, infact the app just hangs on a blank screen and you have to back out before you can continue and select a new episode.

i dont think this is to much to ask as we dont have any of these problems in the Netflix app (before you say it is my apple tv or internet) the app have been deleted and reinstalled and no change.

Breaking_Bad
Contributor 5

I would like to see the app updated for both the third and fourth generation Apple TV's (as both of these devices are currently sold by Apple).  

I own own both devices and I would note the frame rate issues are less apparent on the 3rd generation but both Apps are frustratingly in need of an update. 

0 Thanks
moroboshi
Advocate 2

@Ryan-R wrote:

Hey @Ataraxia and @nickmorc

We're always working on improving the service across all our devices for all of our customers. 

We also love to hear what you guys want from us and we do get some really great feedback.

What sort of changes would you like to see with the Apple TV App? We can get this passed on straightaway 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Maybe you should read through the enormous thread already here about the abysmal Apple TV 4 Now TV app. Your post defies logic and is frankly patronising.

AhhEtssMhee
Contributor 1

I love it when Apps on Apple TV gets updated lol. Now TV app needs new UI and really it's time for the app to get updated. 

nickmorc
Helper 3

Still waiting inanticipation for an update LOL

I think we might be waiting a long, long time !

0 Thanks
Highlighted
samradford
Contributor 2

Well, for starters @Ryan-R it would be nice to have the 'My TV' feature that the iOS devices have. It would make it much easier to keep track of recently watched shows as well as quick access to my Watchlist. 

Also, when you finish an episode that is part of a series, there is no quick way to watch the next episode. Netflix does a great job of always knowing what episode you last watched and makes it very easy to keep watching a series.

There are also various features unique to Apple TV that the app isn't yet making use of, e.g., Top Shelf artwork, visual scrubber to move forward and back through a show, universal Siri search.