cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nickmorc
Expert 2

So many people have asked for this, sadly nowt has happened yet.

I am hoping that the reason its taking so long is that Now TV are making a fantastic App for us to enjoy on the Apple Tv and make use of its advanced features.

If they are not, then a clear message to say that its not going to be updated within the next 12 months, should be stated on this forum.

Nick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User and @nickmorc

We're always working on improving the service across all our devices for all of our customers. 

We also love to hear what you guys want from us and we do get some really great feedback.

What sort of changes would you like to see with the Apple TV App? We can get this passed on straightaway 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

nickmorc
Expert 2

Hi Ryan

Why don't we open up a debate for the Apple Users to look at, for me, I would be happy if the App worked like it does on the current Now Tv Box. Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey @Anonymous User and @nickmorc

We're always working on improving the service across all our devices for all of our customers. 

We also love to hear what you guys want from us and we do get some really great feedback.

What sort of changes would you like to see with the Apple TV App? We can get this passed on straightaway 🙂

Thanks!

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Maybe you should read through the enormous thread already here about the abysmal Apple TV 4 Now TV app. Your post defies logic and is frankly patronising.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am I missing something? It says you can pause live TV in the email. I just tried on Sky News and nothing... Do I need to do some sort of black magic to pause it?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Apart from BT and NOW devices, no others support TV live pause.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW devices below: 

• NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW Box (black) 
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours)

On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I have the new Now App on my Apple TV4k but I’m confused whether the content should now be aggregated in to the Apple TV app or can only be viewed in the Now App itself?

So where the content from BBC, Netflix, prime etc is is all visible and searchable within the Apple TV app, Now still seems to be absent.
I read an article on pocket lint from 15th April that states it should be able to do what I explain above, but in the Apple TV app there is no Now content. For example I had hoped a Sport section would route direct to Now / Sky sports or the F1 channel but I can’t find anything. The Now app is set to ‘on’ under settings/apps/TV in the ATV itself.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You should find that your watchlist, or at least the watch next part, is integrated into Apple TV itself, not the Apple TV+ app. This is the same as it is for Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+ and, of course, Apple TV+ itself.

As you can see from the screen grab below:F4F63E37-4B73-4B6C-9DDB-E703C8BB9986.jpeg