cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unknown page error

Set up a nowtv account last week. App works fine on my phone but after signing in via the app on my LG smart tv when I try to watch ANYTHING it just loads briefly then the message ‘unknown page error’ appears. No internet issues, ive even connected it directly with an ethernet cable and still no luck. Tv updates automatically so that can’t be the issue, and after hours of searching there is no way to delete the app and reinstall. Live chat were friendly but not any help, just felt like they were reading from a script. Any help please?!!

• LG
8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an LG Smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App so i won't be much help.

Surprised there is no option for you to delete the App and then re install it again from the LG App Store.

The only things i would suggest trying is to check your TV for any software updates and also see if switching the power off to your router and power off to your TV at the mains, then disconnected the Ethernet cable at both ends, then re plug the Ethernet cable, then fire up the router allow it to go through all it's start up procedures, maybe give it 5 minutes or so, then power back on the TV to see if the NowTV App works.

If you get no joy on here from other LG smart TV owners who has come across this problem before and knows the solution, then maybe see if LG UK Support Team can offer you some assitance.

Should you be still having no joy, then if it was me i would be tempted to do a factory reset on the LG TV (last resort).

If you go down the factory reset route, make sure you write down any picture and sound settings adjustments that you have made previously that suited you and write down any info with regards to Apps that need any account login details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Coming to this late after experiencing the problem myself.

Bring up the smart TV menu, scroll right to the ‘small’ icons, across to Now TV, press up and a little ‘x’ will appear above the icon. Click the x. You should then be asked if you want to delete the app.

Once deleted, re-install from the content store. Be prepared for it to happen again a day or so later.

Buy a now TV stick or Roku to solve.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I consistently get page errors, factory reset, reinstall app, tried many things but none have worked.

the only way I get back onto the sport is to go to TV users page select the app and relaunch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

had the problem on a samsung TV with the Now TV app built in so could not uninstall and reinstall 

i found swapping between wifi and wired connection and then back again followed by switching off the tv at the mains (rather than just onto standby) reset everything and its now working again 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you try an uninstall/reinstall, or maybe try it next time?

The app is not so built in to the TV that it can’t be deleted and then brought back anew from the Samsung App Store, on these TVs.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this apply to LG TVs

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, likewise.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Accidental duplicate, please ignore.