cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to use JVC AndroidTV built-in Chromecast

I've got a JVC AndroidTV, which for some bizarre reason you haven't got an app for yet. This means I'm having to use its built in Chromecast for Now TV, but it won't let me play anything. It connects to the built-in cast, but when it starts to play any media it just resets to the TV home screen. It actually loads the media and plays it maybe one time in six, if that? But after three attempts it seems to break the whole chromecast and I have to shut the TV off again for anything to be able to pick it up.

It only happens with NOW, every other app is fine. Is there any similar known problem or solution to this? Massive pain.

6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Y

The first thing you must be aware of is that NOW (aka Now TV) are very strict about the devices that can run their content, and there is no leeway allowed.

Next, the only JVC smart TVs that are supported are the 2020 Fire TV editions, i.e. LT-32CF600, LT-40CF700 and the LT-43CF700 models.

So, no matter how hard you try you will never get NOW to run properly on your JVC Android TV. And in the unlikely event that you do create an unofficial fix they will (eventually) release an update that will zap your fix.

That's just the way they roll.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just to follow up from what @ukbobboy  NOW have been very slow in allowing more devices to have the app.

As for the built in casting software on your TV, this should work just fine for casting NOW to your TV as I did it for a while before NOW launched the app on Sony Bravia TVs. It sounds like there is many some issues with the casting software.

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on your TV? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, it's not an issue with the built-in chromecast - have factory reset it, and it works with every other app. It even lets me connect Now TV to it, it just doesn't get past the loading screen on any media.

A brief look on the forums implies that built-in chromecast is not supported, but this surely can't be the case can it? That's absolutely ludicrous, and scandalous that I'm paying for Now TV, paid for a TV, and yet they expect me to fork out £30 for a Google Chromecast because they won't support Google Built-In Chromecast.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  & @gavs82008  for Info

Well Y

As I said before, "that's the way NOW rolls" and it's non-negotiable.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I won't be able to help much, but my Philips Android TV works with NOW using the inbuilt Google Chromecast feature (obviously i would prefer a native inbuilt NOW App on my Android TV).

A bit of a long shot are you using a BT Home Hub Router and if so have you disabled Smart Setup on the BT Router ?

Should you be using a BT Home Hub then google BT Hub smart setup on instructions on how to disable it.

Another thing that sometimes prevents NOW running is a VPN.

If you are using another ISP then i won't be much further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s the same with my tv. Even with the plug in Chromecast device.  It jumps to screensaver. I played one episode of American Rust but then the same problem came back. I’m really thinking of cancelling Now tv. It works perfectly with all other apps.