cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to stream when match paid for

West Ham v Man Utd. Paid to stream, from the NOW app, on my Smart Samsung TV before match started. Match would not stream. Eventually watched it my my MAC 13 inch screen. The match could not be mirrored to our TV. We have super fast broadband. Anyone else have this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was there any error message or error code or was the screen just loading ?

Or did you buy a Day Sports Membership and it asked you to buy another Pass ?

Did you try unplugging the power on both the Router and Samsung Smart TV for about a minute ?

Both my Youview box and Roku Player streamed the match perfectly fine for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
Switched it all off an on - will try making sure it is for a minute if I need to again.
Thanks for your help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it was because you couldn't activate the day sports membership when trying to watch one of the Sky Sports channels, then the start watching on a smartphone, tablet or PC, then stop the stream, then jump back to your main playback device on your television usually does the trick.

More information in this linked article.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-not-activate-sports-day-membership 

I have no idea why this workaround must be used to trigger the day sports pass and why NOW can't get the Day Sports Pass to automatically trigger on any supported device you watch on (it never used to be this way a few years back and surprised NOW haven't sorted yet).

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User was this the first time you've used NowTV?

If so, activating a new account/membership is more successful on a mobile app. Once you've watched a minute on mobile app, it will kick start the membership on a TV.

Also, you can't mirror a device but you can use an HDMI cable to the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi 
Used it many times with no issues to watch the Footie. This time it took our £9.99 and then decided not to, literally, play ball. Worked fine for the next match !!
Thanks for your help. I will try the mobile trick if it does it again.