cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to sign in on Samsung Serif TV

I recently subscribed to NowTV specifically to use the app on my Samsung Serif TV (UE40LS001AUXXU), but am unable to. Whenever I populate my username/password and click the sign in button nothing happens - no error message, no loading page, nada.

i notice in the smart hub apps section that the latest update of the app on the serif tv was quite some time ago (10/11/2016 - version 1.0.17), and have read on this forum that a later version has since been published and pushed out to other Samsung TVs.

any ideas?...

49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Horrible situation here

Just to be clear - I know my log in details and I am watching Now TV on my mobile, so my account is active

I had a power cut and when I got power back, I turned TV back on and I have been signed out of my Now TV account.  No issues - entered my details, and went to push sign in, and the sign in button wont respond!  The cancel buttons works, the enter username / password boxes resspond, but there is no response from the sign in button, not even an error to say details wrong.

All other apps working as normal on TV, i.e Iplayer, so not a TV internet problem!  Really confused and frustrated.  

Just to be clear - I know my acount is active, and I know my log in details, I have signed in to the forum for one???

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the model number of your Samsung television?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi See More Digital

UE40LS001AU

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that recent NOW TV 'app' updates have either broken or withdrawn support for some special characters on some playback devices...

Also, your NOW TV 'user name' is most probably not your email address.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - honestly no - my details are quite simple

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello again @Anonymous User,

I guess you could try re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power). Just in-case the power-cut has done something weird to it Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reset everything, tv, router - but everything is working as it should internet and tv wise!  

I know this sounds nuts - but the sign in button wont click!  Every other button on the sign in screen works - name, password, cancel, but the sign in button wont click whether I enter my details or enter no details!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same problem with the Sign In button not responding. I've tried resetting my password, rebooting my TV (it's a Samsung Serif TV) etc. Nothing helps. I can sign into NOW TV online and on my iPhone, but not on my TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have posted this in the Samsung section, but its quite clear no one at Now TV reads that section so I am posting here to get someones attention;

Horrible situation here

Just to be clear - I know my log in details and I am watching Now TV on my mobile, so my account is active

I had a power cut and when I got power back, I turned TV back on and I have been signed out of my Now TV account. No issues - entered my details, and went to push sign in, and the sign in button wont respond! The cancel buttons works, the enter username / password boxes resspond, but there is no response from the sign in button, not even an error to say details wrong.

All other apps working as normal on TV, i.e Iplayer, so not a TV internet problem! Really confused and frustrated.

Just to be clear - I know my acount is active, and I know my log in details, I have signed in to the forum for one???

I have reset everything, tv, router - but everything is working as it should internet and tv wise!

I know this sounds nuts - but the sign in button wont click! Every other button on the sign in screen works - name, password, cancel, but the sign in button wont click whether I enter my details or enter no details!