cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to log in on LG TV.

I am unable to log onto my new Now TV account on my LG TV as the virtual keyboard does not open on the app so I cannot enter my username or password. The app is up to date, the virtual keyboard appears on other apps and  I can log into the Now TV account on my android phone. 

This appears to be quite a common problem on LG TVs looking at the suggested  similar posts that have appeared as I type this and I note that nobody from Now TV as answered any of the previous users queries. Get your finger out please Now TV and give some customer service.

• LG
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem on my LG tv, did you find a solution? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm afraid not mate. I managed to find the live chat (notneasy to do) and  asked an operator for help. I gave her all the info I had and she asked me to wait while she looked into the problem, I waited for 5 minutes and then got cut off 'due to inactivity'.

The LG issue seems to be common recently looking at this forum and it looks like Now TV aren't really addressing it. If I can't log on tomorrow night I will cancel and never deal with them again as customer service seems really poor. 

Good luck!

RoyB
Legend

Bit of a long shot, but if you have a USB keyboard and plug it into a USB port on the LG TV, will that enable you to type in?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got exactly the same problem. I can't log on without a keyboard. Unfortunately, I may have to cancel my subscription if I can't access the service. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I recommend you buy a NowTV Stick, from Curry’s, Argos, Amazon etc.

£14.99 with two month’s Entertainment Passes, worth up to £15.98 on their own, and the Sticks work on any TV, smart or not, as long as it has a free HDMI input and you have WiFi on your router within range of it.

I have all sorts of devices that will support NowTV, including a couple of Samsung TVs with the app built in, but I still use Sticks on these, as they are slicker.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Roy. I was wondering whether this would be my next step.  I downloaded the NowTV app afresh on my LG TV, and when that failed I tried accessing via the Web browser app, all with no luck. It's fine on my iPad (even though England have just lost another wicket).

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, I was looking to see if there was any way NowTV could get that back for England, but I have to confess I’m stumped too Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy,

I am all working now using the Smart Stick. The sign up instructions never even mentioned this and seemed to imply that you could use the Now TV app (which appears incompatible with the LV software).

Just in time to see the Man of the Match award. Thanks for your help. 👍😀