cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to load sign in

Now tv app on Samsung smart tv. When I load now tv app to sign in it hangs on ‘unable to load sign in, please try later’. 

i have:

uninstalled now tv app and reinstalled

turned tv off

Disconnected tv power for minutes

changed wireless internet sources

Deleted my tv as a device from my now tv account

i feel like I’ve exhausted both myself and all options. 

please help,

thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Likewise my Samsung TV ( model UE55JU6400) has stopped working for now tv since update , my other samsung tv which is a Q60 /2020 model is fine still. so for work around at the mo i have an old amazonfire stick which plugs into the spare hdmi port and use the nowtv app on that , you can pick them very cheap ( or use a nowTV stick which is cheaper)... that way you can use it on any set that isnt a smart set , escpecially when u goon hols in ur hotel.. its gonna take a while before it resolves as who is gona own up to it being their problem ..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same, I just bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ as a workaround.

The Roku also supports Disney+ which my TV doesn't as it's an older Samsung.

My TV OS was lagging anyway, the Roku is instant.

Now TV working fine on the Roku.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've always have problems signing into my Now TV app on samsung TV,however yesterday it started giving me a message unable to load sign in, please contact your service provider.I've spent 1 1/12/ on the phone with samsung & no-one has come accross this message before & Now Tv, I've been complaining to for 4 months  doesn't seem to have a solution. Please can someone help

I've reset the smart hub, done tv factory reset & still no joy & yet it works on my newer LG TV,don't get it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is working in my TV now. Seems they updated the app - hope that's they same for everyone else. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you

I have now managed to accesss my Now TV app despite being told directly by Now TV that my TV was no longer compatible with their upgraded app which I’ve been told will happen to all of us eventually & I don’t know about you but no-one tells you this when you buy a TV as I bought one, thinking that I had an in-built Now TV app for the life duration of my TV which as a wheelchair user eliminates the need for extra leads that are required with a Now TV stick.

Thank you for replying
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi TLH

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that apps on any smart TV will last as long as the TV itself, simply because apps are software and software are the fastest item in the computer/IT world that gets churned.  

In fact,  most public facing software last about three to five years at most, then the proprietor either re-writes the software wholly or in part in a new language or expands that software to require more memory and more cpu power. Either way, that software can no longer work with the original hardware it started out with.

The proprietors themselves would say that they have to do this R&D to keep up with the competition and to upgrade and incorporate new facilities, and this is a perpetual and ongoing process (the churn). 

For myself, I'd hoped that I would never have to buy a smart TV but I eventually had to bite the bullet.

Biting The Bullet.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help

I wish I'd have understood all that before I bought a smart TV. I'd really like to get this out there so they can't keep doing this to us, smart TVs are not cheap so I'm reconsidering buying a new one now.

Much appreciated

Jes5
Observer

I agree. Seems 3 years later people still get the problem. I paid for now tv and this is happening to me. Tried everything. Should definitely extend passes 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jes5 

Can you explain what you have tried?

Have you done a factory reset to the TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Jes5 

On what device, make and model?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.