cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to Watch Now TV Entertainment on BT TV Box

BT persuaded me to move the Now TV Entertainment account I had on to their platform, and I've regretted it ever since.

I was able to simply plug the small Now TV black box in to whichever TV and it's portability was great.

Due to change of Circumstances, unable to watch the NOW TV Entertainment channel on the BT box

I tried logging into NOW TV with my BT Login Details to see if that was possible, but unsurprisingly it stares account not recognised and of course my previous Now TV account (DIFFERENT email to the BT Account login) states  "Included in your BT TV Package" - Manage on BT

I tried online chat with BT and they were absolutely hopeless.

Any ideas as to how I can watch on any other platform than the BT TV Box?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Firstly Thank You for your reply/advice
To clear up, My Now TV ‘subscription’
Moved across to BT, this has a different login/email to the old Now Tv email/login.
So the old Now TV account is redundant (manage your account on BT), but I am unable to login to any of my devices (now tv box) as the email login is not recognised.
I have tried multiple times to go thru the community help on BT, but I can only get so far , before it states ‘page unavailable’
Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you asked the BT TV Community Forum for assistance and help on this matter ?

i believe if you are using a Sky email address this seems to screw up something on the BT TV system.

The BT TV Community Forum might be the way to go if you haven't tried over there already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
After previous experience - Dreading it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After Previous Experience with their online chat, dreading the thought, but Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it was me i would phone BT TV using the telephone number from this link, where you might speak to a more knowledgeable and helpful adviser.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/contact-bt 

Can't really help much not being a BT TV customer.

I am guessing you have read any similar recent threads on the BT TV Community Forum for the answer ?

The BT TV Community Moderators seem pretty helpful from the little time i have visited the BT TV Community Forum in the past.

Because you are a BT TV customer i doubt NOW live chat will be any help and will just point you back to BT TV.

Maybe a BT TV customer who uses the NOW Forum will have some idea what needs to be done to get your BT TV Box running with your BT TV login details.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

The first thing to say is that if you have Now via BT TV, then you should certainly be able to log into Now, on any device that supports Now, with your BT TV Now account details. So you ought to be able to keep using your Now black box just like you did before.

Now, please explain a couple of things to me that I am not completely clear on; I am a BT customer, with more than a few YouView boxes I can watch Now on, but I am not a BT TV subscriber, and I just have Now directly, not via BT, so I am a bit vague as to how that works.

You are saying that when you went with BT TV, they gave you a new Now account, with a new Now logon? And tied up your old Now account such that if you try to log on with it, you just get the message to manage on BT, and you can’t select or watch any shows on the old account - in effect, BT have disabled it?

But when you try to log on with the new BT TV-provided Now details, it says account not recognised? And these are BT TV-provided Now account details, and you are not trying to log on with your BT account number, or some other BT details that don’t apply to Now?

I can understand your frustration with BT’s online chat, as it can be a bit hopeless. But I hoped they might have provided telephone support for BT TV, perhaps even a dedicated number for Now specifically? No?

So if you have been using an internet chat service with BT, look for a telephone alternative, as  @schnapps suggests. Or take up his recommendation of the BT Community, where there is a dedicated area for BT TV, perhaps even one for Now on BT TV. And unlike chat, there are some really good BT people on there, who will take ownership of your problem and run with it until it is solved.

It’s a shame you can’t get back to using your YouView box, as BT’s channels on it make having Now a lot more like having Sky, and let you record as well; but the advice here should certainly get you back to enjoying Now via your BT TV Now subscription, on your black box.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Firstly Thank You for your reply/advice
To clear up, My Now TV ‘subscription’
Moved across to BT, this has a different login/email to the old Now Tv email/login.
So the old Now TV account is redundant (manage your account on BT), but I am unable to login to any of my devices (now tv box) as the email login is not recognised.
I have tried multiple times to go thru the community help on BT, but I can only get so far , before it states ‘page unavailable’
Cheers
Hooba
Scholar 3

Your old Now TV account shouldn't be redundant. The fact that you now subscribe to NowTV through BT, is why you get the message to manage your account on BT.

But the account isn't redundant. It's only 'redundant' in so far as you can't use that account to manage your NowTV subscriptions.

Have you tried to log in to NowTV stick etc with your old account details? That should enable you to watch NowTV content. That's how it works for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah That's what I've eventually had to do.

I had to uninstall the Now TV app (which probably had corrupted account details on).

Reinstall and then logged in with my 'Old' Now Tv Account (email) and was able to watch.

Thanks for everyone's help