cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to Launch NOW TV App on YouView

I have a talk talk you view box and have just signed up for a free trial of Sky movies with now tv. When I try to go into the app, it immediately disappears before I have a chance to sign in and use it. I can see on the now tv website that there is service update suggesting there is a problem with launching the now tv app on you view however there have been no updates on this since early morning Friday. It suggests that you can subscribe for updates on this but when I try to do that, it won't let me. All very frustrating, a live chat person told me to do a factory reset on the you view box but that seems a bit drastic if it's a general problem affecting a number of people rather than a problem specific to our box. Has anyone else been affected by a problem this weekend? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NowTV are having technical difficulties with the NowTV App on the YouView platform.

More information here.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Unable-to-Launch-NOW-TV-App-on-YouView/m-p/448780#M513

Edit- Ignore my post i have just noticed you are aware of the above issues currently with the NowTV App on YouView.

Sorry about that. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to mention that the subscribe feature works for me on the NowTV Team posted message by clicking on the options button where on the drop down menu it gives you the option to click on subscribe.

I am using Microsoft Edge (don't know if that makes any difference) when subscribing for an email update once this is fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, really appreciate the reply so that I know I'm not going mad! I can subscribe now too, realised it was probably because I hadn't joined the chat community so the subscribe option couldn't be clicked on. I presume there is no point in resetting box just now as might not be necessary if they fix the problem anyway.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT and the NowTV App on my YouView box seems to open fine when browsing for movies on the App.

Unfortunately, i can't test the movies on my YouView box due to my allocated maximum 4 number permitted devices are taken up by various NowTV boxes, Apple TV and Roku players in the house.

Not familiar with the Talk Talk YouView boxes, but is there a software update option in the box menu settings you could try ?

Suppose there is no harm in trying if there is an option to check for updates.

Otherwise you may have to wait for NowTV to resolve this issue.

Have you got any other NowTV playback devices you could use in the meantime from the guide article linked below?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I'll have at look at possible updates as you suggest. We really just want the service for watching films via you view on our main tv so a bit unfortunate that I signed up on the day of a problem! At least it's free just now so will just see how it works out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

One more thing you could try is to switch off the power to the YouView box for say a minute and then restart the box again i.e. a soft reboot.

Not sure it will work, but there is no harm in trying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I have same issues, purchased a 12 month pass for cinema, only to find that I am unable
to access via youview at present. I have done reset, update on my box etc, but it still will not launch the NowTV app as the OP has stated. Be great if they get it sorted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have posted another update to say they are working on a solution and would hopefully be ready by later this afternoon. I  decided to try it just now and it's now working for me! Will try a film and see how it goes, hope it's sorted for yourself too.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

According to NOW TV the issue should now be resolved. If you still have problems using the NOW TV app try following the steps mentioned in this thread, and if that doesn't work post back and someone should be able to help.