cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madasahatter65
Advocate

Turning Autoplay off

I can see that Autoplay has been turned on. Great for those who wanted it, but how do those of us who didn’t, turn it off  please? So annoying for credits to be cut off and a new episode that you don’t want to view just start. Not everyone wants to binge!

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Madasahatter65 

I just used one of my NOW playback devices which supports auto play next episode and I couldn't find a way to disable this feature from my quick test on my Chromecast 4K Google TV.

Like you I would like to be given an option on screen to disable it if you don't want this feature and let the user decide if they want to leave auto play next episode on by default or not.

RoyB
Legend

@Madasahatter65 @schnapps 

It’s a damn sight easier for Now to provide the feature rather than any sort of button to control it.

Perhaps the button will be along in a year or two…. 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Thought NOW would have done something similar like Netflix and give customers the option to switch off autoplay under your online account via their website.

I have checked Pins and Settings on my online account and there is nothing showing about autoplay.

Sometimes I like reading the end credits and another good example for me, is that I am currently watching "A Town Called Malice" and where the 80's is my decade I want to watch the music video that comes on during the end credits of each episode of this particular TV show without switching to another playback device that doesn't currently support autoplay.

No problem leaving autoplay on by default, but give customers the choice to switch it off.

Westy2112
Scholar

When the "next epidode" box appears, highlight it and press the back button on your remote. It won't turn off autoplay forever, but at least you can see credits if required. I'm a binge watcher and usually refer to my IMDB app several times on my phone during shows 🤣

wm-0001
Scholar

Auto play should be under user control?

I want to turn it off!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The new version of the NOW App (ver 8.0.1) on my Roku Stick Plus there is now an option button to cancel the auto play for the next episode.

This only works for the current episode you are watching (no way to switch off permanently, but an improvement from the previous auto play feature).

CG1

Have just discovered Young Rock and annoyingly the end of the episode keeps cutting off to go to the next episode which seems to be a key line, so annoying!!!! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Madasahatter65 

Yeah we noticed that too, just hit back when that box came up. Which allowed us to watch to the very end.

Then you have a show like Hudson & Rex where the auto-play doesn't come up until the credits are finished.......😐

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help