cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn off this parental pin

Serously. I have it turned off in settings, that means I don't want to enter it at all. I do not have children. I am not a child. I do not need protecting from anything and even if I did have children, it's my responsiblity to protect them from any inappropriate content. Not yours. 

Change this back immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve introduced the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv it is not a solution to say "we've added a pin" when the question was how to turn it off. I do not have children. I do not need a pin. I am a big girl. Give the option to turn it off! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The PIN is here to stay. 

Regardless of your living conditions it was a decision by Ofcom. If you can you can take it up with them. 

This was mentioned by @Saint1976 

The below link talks about the PIN

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin

You don’t have to set up a Parental PIN unless you plan to watch live channels on the Entertainment or Sky Cinema Pass.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Spot on Gavs

My payment PIN is on but my Parental PIN is definitely off, in fact you have to deliberately turn it on to activate it but, I guess, once it's on it's on for good.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

Gavs

It's my week for making Boo-Boos, just read the following bit about turning off a Parental PIN in the Help Section.

A Parental PIN is only mandatory to watch live channels on the Entertainment and Sky Cinema Passes. If this doesn't apply to you and there are no younger viewers in your household, just select Turn OFF and you won’t be asked for a PIN.

So there you have it, if you switched on your Parental PIN you can also turn it off.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so you can't turn off this parental pin, so why then can you watch the same program any time without a pin on the box sets etc ???

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The parental pin is only required for certain Sky channels when you want to watch them live.

All catch up content doesn’t require the pin. 

Will put it this way, I don’t have a pin set up and have never had to use it when watching on demand or live sports.

My understanding is that it’s for Sky Atlantic live and and live cinema channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky (NowTV in my case), why are you so useless that you can’t do what other streaming services do?

Set up PROFILES, and profiles for kids only allows access to kids channels and programmes from them.

an adult profile allows access to all.

You use your pin ONCE to access the adult profile, that’s it.

entering the pin over and over again for every single programme means that the kids will see it.

Stop ticking boxes and try thinking outside of them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t edit my post, I was having to enter my pin to watch every show on the sky premium channels on nowTV, on demand.

I have disabled the PIN and now ONLY have to enter it if I want to watch live TV.

Sorry Sky, on this occasion, my bad.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Nothing to do with Sky introducing the PIN on certain Live channels. It was an OFCOM enforcement.