cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turn off this parental pin

Serously. I have it turned off in settings, that means I don't want to enter it at all. I do not have children. I am not a child. I do not need protecting from anything and even if I did have children, it's my responsiblity to protect them from any inappropriate content. Not yours. 

Change this back immediately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve introduced the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree turned off means turned off not turn off but still need a pin, if not corrected ill happily cancel my subscription to movies and even my Internet etc.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We’ve introduced the mandatory PIN on some live Sky channels to make sure we’re doing as much we can to make our service more responsible. It also offers our customers more choice to watch content that normally might not be available before the traditional ‘watershed’ – the time when TV programmes that might be unsuitable for children are broadcast.

Thanks

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you want to make your service more responsible, give the option to PIN protect the adding of apps to boxes! And I agree with the OP, if you choose not to use a PIN, then once turned off, it should not be required again.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The PIN is an OfCom requirement that NowTV cannot circumvent, and applies to streamed live channels on all devices, not just NowTV ones,

If you have a live, signed-in, NowTV account out there on a device other people can use, you are giving a hostage to fortune. A Payment PIN will prevent any unauthorised expenditure on your account, and could likely be extended to app loading without too much effort, but what is the problem you have here you want to solve - a profligate app-adder burning up all your storage, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
black-lodge
Advocate

TV Pin and payment Pin are separate and the TV pin is totally pointless when everybody will just change it to 1111 so they don't have to press any more buttons than necessary.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following the introduction of the Boost today, Parental Pin is now optional again, check service options ON A PC to lock it off. 

My Account / Settings and PINs

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Whatever you select here, you’ll still need a PIN to watch any movie on most live Sky Cinema channels.”

Seems unfair, not to say bizarre, that it’s still this way on an iPad, but not, according to you, on a PC?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I presume when the iOS and iPadOS 1080p/50fps - 1080p/25fps updates are released that this will extend to those platforms. Remember these devices are still 720p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I still have to enter a PIN regardless of what the post said about being removable.  There are two OAPs living at this address and nobody else.  I don't need the inconvenience of fiddling with my Apple TV control to enter an unnecessary PIN!