cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible picture quality on NowTV box (worse than 240p) despite having fast fiber broadband

Over the last few months I have noticed an unbelievably terrible picture quality on the NowTV box (worse than 240p) despite having fast fibre broadband! Weirdly this problem only happens with NowTV channels that I pay for like SKY etc. The YouTube and TED apps are great and plays video at 1080p always. I am sure its not my internet speed or the NowTV hardware, but rather a problem with NowTV servers. NowTV customer service fobbed me off badly basically saying (in a foreign call centre accent) “problem must be my internet or box” and got me to reset the device but while I was bogged down with all the re-entering my setup details like email etc they hung up. I am paying for worse picture quality than the 1980’s picture quality. The quality is so bad you cant read any subtitle nor make out any faces. This is such an awful evil rip-off. I think they are probably doing this deliberately so that I am forced to go back to satellite SKYTV, but I will never go back! This is a DISGUSTING service and an ABYSMAL quality.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed over the last few weeks the movies picture quality has gone terrible. It constantly pixelates and buffers! I don't have this problem with anything else connected to the tv e.g. Amazon Prime or Netflix, what's going? Had to abort watching a film as the picture quality is so awful. I have tried unplugging and reconnecting but it hasn't altered the picture quality at all. If this continues I will be cancelling my subscription as it's pointless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got exactly the same problem as of today.  Picture quality is shocking.  Looks like a pirate copy when we watch a film.  Will definitely cancel if it doesn’t improve.  Films are nearly unwatchable.