cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide opening on sports.

Hi Team,

I am fed up with having to navigate back to Entertainment from sports every time I login. I am only subscribed to Entertainment and find this frustrating especially when I have to restart after a freeze or drop out which happens daily. During the last few minutes of NCIS Now TV stops working and I have to get it back on as quickly as possible these extra button presses are infuriating.

Please can you advise on how I can get it to continue from where it malfunctioned would be great. I do recall sometime last year for about a week or a couple of days the guide did open on Entertainment and I was happy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To get the TV Guide to default to the Entertainment tab, press the red option button on your Youview box, then from the pop up menu select TV Guide.

Though you would have to do this each time when you want to watch live NowTV streams. 

I am guessing it's set to sports on the main TV Guide tile to keep the sports pass fans happy where there is no on demand sections like Entertainment. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To get the TV Guide to default to the Entertainment tab, press the red option button on your Youview box, then from the pop up menu select TV Guide.

Though you would have to do this each time when you want to watch live NowTV streams. 

I am guessing it's set to sports on the main TV Guide tile to keep the sports pass fans happy where there is no on demand sections like Entertainment. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree with you on that, we have to keep the sports lovers happy. An option to configure the order yourself wouldn't be too hard to set up surly?

Anyway thanks for your assistance you are a legend. :))

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like on both my Amazon Fire Stick and BT Youview box when clicking on the NowTV TV Guide it now defaults to the Entertainment section first rather than live Sports.

Don't know if it's permanent or a temporary blip that may change again sometime in the future.

is it the same for you, where perhaps NowTV have listened to your request ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tv stick tv guide open at entertainment now but my sky sports live channel a dont have the photo of what's on all sports channels on tv guide and on homescreen 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys, I have checked the TV guide this morning and hey presto! It opens up on Entertainment! It's a miracle or temporary glitch only time will tell 🙂

I always thought it shouldn't be too hard to change the way the TV guide opens. When they write the software it has to have a start point and that just needed to be changed to open on the specific tab. If it had an option to open from the last tab opened it would be great for everyone even the kids and sports fans.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this morning tv start up tv guide starts with sky sports and still no photo on some of sky sports channels on the start up tv guide or on the homescreen sky sports.

and white light staying on my now tv stick 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Must have been a blip, where the NowTV live TV Guide now defaults back to sports.

So on your Youview box, you will have to use the red button TV Guide trick to open the TV Guide showing Entertainment without using the directional buttons on the Youview remote.

I don't watch much live NowTV accept Sports, but agree that giving the customer the option to customize the TV Guide would be a small step forward on NowTV's part.

@Anonymous User i always find the NowTV TV Guide to be a bit buggy when it comes to things like thumbnails or the TV Guide programmes and not in sync with the actual time and lags behind or the TV program information is missing on the Guide itself.

I don't use my NowTV Stick that often but was under the impression if the white light is permanently on, then this would indicate everything is fine (might be wrong).

A flashing white light or red light on the Stick would indicate a potential problem or if no light is showing then there may be a power issue problem with the Stick (again might be wrong because i use my NowTV Stick about two or three times a year).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the now tv stick still power down when it hit 20min its spooky my now tv stick ln bed room light go out when it hits 20min

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah if you are seeing the white light go off after 20 minutes, then that is the auto low power save function in the Stick settings kicking in (can't remember if you can change the time of auto power low mode or its fixed at 20 minutes because i don't tend to use my NowTV branded devices anymore and moved over to the Amazon 4K Fire Stick has my main primary NowTV playback device).