cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV App Coming Soon

Watching the Apple keynote this evening where it was announced the universal TV app is coming before the end of the year.

From the brief glimpse of providers it seems ITV and Channel 5 are on board.

Can any news be shared if Now TV content will be added and if we will see an update to the app on the back of this?
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got feedback yesterday from C5 and ITV, they are indeed doing separate apps so they’re not just selling content to Apple to then sell on iTunes. They would confirm if 1080p though. All4 just replied with “we cannot confirm any plans for a TVOS app” so they neither said yes or no. It was a somewhat different response to previous where they just said no. Fingers crossed guys. Still waiting for a NowTV response on here I see.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My5 app has just launch and it’s stunning. Come on Now TV, better app please.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV App has just appeared on my iPhone in the U.K.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now it’s gone and the Videos app is back!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s back again and on my Apple TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No support for NowTV content unfortunately. Or Netflix!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new TV app looks pretty nice, but of course, Now TV is nowhere to be seen. What a shock. It would nicely bypass the abysmal Now TV app interface if it was supported, but that would require Sky's comatose engineers to rise from their slumber, which will never happen. 

Interesting that Netflix isn't present either, but that will be for entirely different reasons. Netflix pretty much is TV at this point, so they have no need to mix with lesser services. Shame, but they're probably right.  They've already won. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hope the Now TV app gets updated to work with this service. It’s nice to have a central place to look for all TV shows and Movies (subject to them supporting of course).
I’ve only been using for a couple of hours and I can definitely see benefits of it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loving the new Apple TV app, Amazon Prime, BBC , My 5 , ITV Hub all working brilliantly just what it needed, I may buy the 4K version now.

Only if NOWTV & Channel 4 , get their act together it would be awesome , one place for all for me.

Netflix being seperate is a pain, but not a show stopper, as someone else said on here its got its own Vibe, it is TV. 

NOW TV (Sky) get your act together and sort things out, I know you want to push SKY Q, but that aint happening until you get amazon prime, netflix on the service and still wouldnt stick to a 12 months contract. Sort the Now TV app and go out all with Apple to market it, capitilise on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix is in fact kind of supported. If you search for a show that appears on Netflix (eg Better Caul Saul, ST Discovery) you can see they are available and play them throughout Netflix. It is only Netflix originals that don’t seem to appear such as The Crown.

Even some basic integration like this would be good for Now TV.