cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV App Coming Soon

Watching the Apple keynote this evening where it was announced the universal TV app is coming before the end of the year.

From the brief glimpse of providers it seems ITV and Channel 5 are on board.

Can any news be shared if Now TV content will be added and if we will see an update to the app on the back of this?
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I noticed that too. Time for Now TV to sort it out
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed shame not see 4OD but perhaps they will follow shortly as they already off a decent airplay option

big push for nowtv on the new Apple TV micro site site this must mean a new app coming right....?

Simonb76
Advocate

https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-tv-4k/

I noticed Apple advertising the Apple 4K with a section on Nowtv - does that mean NowTV will start streaming anything better than 720p in the future? 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Simonb76 wrote: does that mean NowTV will start streaming anything better than 720p in the future? 

I doubt NOW TV are upping their streams in time for the new ATV, if/when they do eventually up it, they'll be sure the NOW TV boxes are amongst the first devices to boast it.

I do seriously hope it means an updated NOW TV app is imminent tho, they can't keep the current one again, Tim Cook would burst a blood vessel.

Interesting talk about iTunes 4K HDR movies the same price as 1080p and upgrades to current libraries, hope that translates over this side of the pond. Very smart move if so.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's now time for NOW TV to sort it out.

4k is rapidly becoming the standard - and still the stream is only 720p not even 1080p which has been the standard for years now.

And with the TV app coming, I'd hope to see them integrated like other providers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

From a business point of view, they'd be absolute fools not to update the app for the new Apple TV.

They could just about get away with it for the current version, but with the new TV App, ITV, C5 and most importantly Amazon TV all coming soon, they're going to look very much like the ugly stepchild*.

*Sorry if I offended any ugly stepchildren.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really no excuses now. I noticed 'Sky Ticket', which is sort of the German equivalent of NowTV, on the list of suported services. The only thing holding NowTv back from either producing a decent app or integrating with the new TV app is clearly their business strategy, which seems to be focused on the same outdated model used for their Sky boxes. 

As an aside, has anyone used the German Sky Ticket/SkyOnline app? The screen grabs seem far better than our Now TV app. Could they not just port it over?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been trying to get info from ITV and C5 all day, nothing. I’m worried.
At no point has anyone confirmed an app from either is coming. I’m worried Apple have just partnered up with them and will SELL their content through iTunes! Not offer it free through itv hub or My5.
That said, I’d really like to see some 4K footy from SKY on NowTV. Would be AMAZBALLS
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm hoping that the UK launch delay for the TV App is becuase they're getting the inidividual NowTV, ITV, C5 apps ship-shape before they release it, to prevent it looking a bit low on content.

Australia already has far more TV network apps than the UK, which I'd guess is why they're launching there first.