cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching between devices

Hi,

Over the last few days Sky Sports NowTV has been causing real problems. I know that I can no longer stream to more than one device at a time, but when I stop streaming on one device and try and stream on another I receive an error telling me I have exceed the maximum number of devices.

I have had several INCREDIBLY frustrating live chats (which usually time out before any resolution). I have followed all the advice of logging devices in/out etc. but the only thing that resolves the issue is a router reset.

It's almost as if they've made the single device service so poor that people will be forced to purchase the Boost package.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Did you leave it 10 minutes between devices or jumped onto the second device straight away?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/maximum-number-of-simultaneous-streams 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for the reply/information. Resetting my router seems to resolve the issue, but I'll wait more than ten minutes next time to see if that's it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The link article says "up to 10 minutes".

Never timed it myself when switching devices to watch NOW content on. 

When I swap between devices, I stop the stream and keep pressing the back button on my device until I get back to the NOW home screen page. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching the cricket in the dining room then switching set off and turning on in the lounge and there is the irritating wait. I am going to cancel my subscription if it's not resolved soon.

Captain
Observer

They won't resolve it bastsrds it's somannyimg I have the same all the time with sport and it sucks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i had this issue too. reinstalled the nowtv player app helped a lot for me!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you got Boost? If so, this is why you can switch seamlessly.

Otherwise, you are imagining it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Captain
Observer

Your not understanding the problem boost if for moremthan one user. We all all one user switching rooms etc whilemwatchign live sport. We pay more than enough to often watch just 1 or 2 sports out of hundreds and then they want money so we can swap rooms. Its deliberate, I'm a member of many sungle use streamers and they all work seemsly. It's not hard streaming is just diditsl packets moving around. Soon as you turn of it can change, yes you will get occasional times where packets get lost, and you might have a delay 1/100 times. This is how we know they doing it deliberetly to force upgrade, I am sure this goes against rules and standards of buisness

RoyB
Legend

@Captain 

Follow this link, and read the section ‘Getting a ‘too many streams’ error message?’

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

When you stop watching on your first device, make sure you exit the show or movie you were watching rather than just pressing pause, turning off the TV or closing the app. This will signal that the stream has ended.
If you don't do this, you might need to wait up to 10 minutes before you can start watching on another device.

Nothing sinister. Simply the operation of Now’s streams count. Exit the first viewing cleanly, and it will send a message back to Now that you have stopped watching, your streams count will go down to zero, and you can instantly watch on another device.

Exit fugly, though, and you have to wait for Now’s watchman process to make its rounds, discover you have gone from the first device, and decrement the streams count. As you have no doubt discovered, this can take 10-20 minutes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.