cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suddenly can't log in anymore - IP address blocked?

Hi,

For the last couple of days I've been unable to log in the Now TV app on my Roku 2 device and even my account on the website. I always get the following error message:

"Oops, something went wrong. We couldn't log you in right now. Please try again later."

The weird thing is that this only happens when I'm on WiFi - I have no issues logging in when I'm on mobile data. The Roku device is also connected through WiFi so I'm unable to even log in, let alone watch anything.

Before anyone asks, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the Roku, removing and readding the device from my Now TV account and updating the Roku firmware, but none of that works. All other apps on the Roku are working fine.

Could my IP address have been blocked for some reason? And if so, why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your quick reply, Tony. Much appreciated.

I could try to hook up the Roku to the Ethernet but I don't think it'll do much good. I just tried logging into the community here on WiFi to reply to your post and it wouldn't let me, but when I switched to 4G I was able to log in without any issues. I'm typing this reply on 4G as we speak.

It really looks like Now TV suddenly dislikes my WiFi connection (or IP address) and it's affecting my ability to log in anywhere related to Now TV - on Roku as well as this website and the Now TV app on my phone. I'm with BT for internet and EE for mobile by the way, if that helps.

No problem @Anonymous User I'm trying to think of what the cause would be because over the past few weeks i've had a couple of people with similar probelms. It seems that even the mention of 'nowtv' sends your router into a state of madness. Have you tried changing your IP address through Command Prompt on Windows or just turning the router off for 15-30 minutes? I can't see why NOW TV would be blocked or viceversa.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

For the last couple of days I've been unable to log in the Now TV app on my Roku 2 device and even my account on the website. I always get the following error message:

"Oops, something went wrong. We couldn't log you in right now. Please try again later."

The weird thing is that this only happens when I'm on WiFi - I have no issues logging in when I'm on mobile data. The Roku device is also connected through WiFi so I'm unable to even log in, let alone watch anything.

Before anyone asks, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app on the Roku, removing and readding the device from my Now TV account and updating the Roku firmware, but none of that works. All other apps on the Roku are working fine.

Could my IP address have been blocked for some reason? And if so, why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very strange issue  @Anonymous User To do a bit of narrowing down, is there any way at all you could try a hard wired connection? Who is your provider also?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I could try to hook up the Roku to the Ethernet but I don't think it'll do much good. I just tried logging into the community here on WiFi to reply to your post and it wouldn't let me, but when I switched to 4G I was able to log in without any issues. I'm typing this reply on 4G as we speak.

It really looks like Now TV suddenly dislikes my WiFi connection (or IP address) and it's affecting my ability to log in anywhere related to Now TV - on Roku as well as this website and the Now TV app on my phone. I'm with BT for internet and EE for mobile by the way, if that helps.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

No problem @Anonymous User I'm trying to think of what the cause would be because over the past few weeks i've had a couple of people with similar probelms. It seems that even the mention of 'nowtv' sends your router into a state of madness. Have you tried changing your IP address through Command Prompt on Windows or just turning the router off for 15-30 minutes? I can't see why NOW TV would be blocked or viceversa.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching the router off for 30 minutes and reconnecting the Roku worked. Thank you very much.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Switching the router off for 30 minutes and reconnecting the Roku worked. Thank you very much.

No probs @Anonymous User If it ever happens again you'll know what to do and because of your question, and the detail put into it, this will be the top result in google when someone else googles this issue to get it fixed 🙂 Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully this will work for me brought a new now tv stick today connected to the Internet (virgin ) Netflix ect works OK now tv not let me sign in getting ooopss something went wrong. Signed out on my phone and same thing happened the. Iconnect via mobile hot-spot and it worked. As soon as I connect WiFi again same error message so it is definitely WiFi related. It would not let me sign in on any of my 4 devices connected to virgin but could via hot-spot 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am getting this. Rebooted router and now tv stick still no joy. I rang virgin and they said it's not them. Had 3 live chats and they think it is blocking my IP, and they would sort it out but heard nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi did you ever get this sorted .I am having the same issue will not let me log in or watch anything on now tv on my home WiFi but again like you can reply to this on my mobile data. Pretty rubbish considering I have the smart box connected to my TV and home Internet. 2 days of live chat and emails and still can't watch anything. I'm paying for a service I cannot use. Getting pretty fed up now. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

There is an issue with  NowTV and the router BT supply, if you have ‘Enable File Sharing’ turned on under Parental Controls.

Disable this, if you have this setting on this router, and try again.

I don’t know why it does this, and I don’t know if it’s deliberate, or a bug for either BT or NowTV or both to fix, though..... 😥

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.