cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

Suddenly on my LG smart tv now app there is yellow subtitles 😭 subtitles are off on my main tv it’s just appeared on now app. How do I turn them off I’m pulling my hair out with it 😡

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just had the same problem on our smart tv! Just by accident though I paused the film and a few options came up next to the play, skip icons and one of these was the subtitles icon, went to that and turned it off. Hope this will help, searched for ages to turn it off! 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked for me too, but the yellow subtitles come back if i start a new program. Is there anyway to keep them off permanently??

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ive not found a way 😓
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ps. Mine's an LG smart tv as well. Coincidence?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ta. Already got that pg. But Off icon will not change.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an LG tv. Subtitles were working fine but suddenly stopped working. I have tried going onto the speech bubble icon but I can't get the subtitles to go from OFF to ON no matter what button I press on the remote.pressing up and down arrows just moves from OFF back to the speech bubble icon.  Any ideas ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem on a Samsung Smart TV. Enabling subtitles in the TV menu doesn't do anything in the NOW TV app either, but works for other apps. Must be a bug in the NOW TV app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having trouble with the subtitles which keep dropping off the screen. I need the subtitles as I have difficulty hearing. I have to constantly restart the programmes. Anyone know why this happens or has any advice for me.