cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

My Now TV has started adding subtitles to everything even though the settings say its turned off. I've turned them on and off several times, reset smart TV and its still happening. Is it a glitch that will go or is there a way to sort it as its very annoying! TIA

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curisoity what smart TV do you own ?

A number of LG smart TV and Xbox owners have mentioned this about subtitles.

If you have already paused a movie or TV show with the subtitles showing and on the lower info bar showing on screen you have switched off the bubble speach icon.

Then if the subtitles re appear again on a different movie or next episode of a TV show, perhaps try pressing the subtitles button on your TV remote or go into your TV menu settings to check if there is any option for making adjustments to on screen captions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Out of curisoity what smart TV do you own ?

A number of LG smart TV and Xbox owners have mentioned this about subtitles.

If you have already paused a movie or TV show with the subtitles showing and on the lower info bar showing on screen you have switched off the bubble speach icon.

Then if the subtitles re appear again on a different movie or next episode of a TV show, perhaps try pressing the subtitles button on your TV remote or go into your TV menu settings to check if there is any option for making adjustments to on screen captions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked a treat! Thank you so much! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You are an absolute angel, I hadn't tried that but it has fixed the issue! Thank you so much, I can now watch without the distraction.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’ve just purchased a now smart stick, I’m wanting subtitles as my son is deaf

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you get subtitles I need them!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just joined Hayu channels but i cant find all no subtitle? I need subtitle on Hayu channels? how?

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have never used a Hayu Pass myself, but i am not sure subtitles are available on the Hayu Pass (might be wrong though).

Where reading this linked article below it mentioned Cinema and Entertainment Pass when using subtitles but no indication about the Hayu or Kids Pass 😠.

Had a quick look at two TV shows on the Hayu Pass on my NowTV box and neither of them showed the subtitles s symbol next to any episodes 😡.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah i've checked all Hayu series all none subtitle at all. what a shame on Hayu with poor accessible no subtitles.

NowTV accessible team - What do you say about that? will be add?