cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaulaV
Occasional Poster

Subtitles

My Now TV has started adding subtitles to everything even though the settings say its turned off. I've turned them on and off several times, reset smart TV and its still happening. Is it a glitch that will go or is there a way to sort it as its very annoying! TIA

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Re: Subtitles

Hi @PaulaV

Out of curisoity what smart TV do you own ?

A number of LG smart TV and Xbox owners have mentioned this about subtitles.

If you have already paused a movie or TV show with the subtitles showing and on the lower info bar showing on screen you have switched off the bubble speach icon.

Then if the subtitles re appear again on a different movie or next episode of a TV show, perhaps try pressing the subtitles button on your TV remote or go into your TV menu settings to check if there is any option for making adjustments to on screen captions.

4 Replies
schnapps Legend 4
Legend 4

Hi @PaulaV

Out of curisoity what smart TV do you own ?

A number of LG smart TV and Xbox owners have mentioned this about subtitles.

If you have already paused a movie or TV show with the subtitles showing and on the lower info bar showing on screen you have switched off the bubble speach icon.

Then if the subtitles re appear again on a different movie or next episode of a TV show, perhaps try pressing the subtitles button on your TV remote or go into your TV menu settings to check if there is any option for making adjustments to on screen captions.

PaulaV
Occasional Poster

That worked a treat! Thank you so much! 

0 Thanks
PaulaV
Occasional Poster

You are an absolute angel, I hadn't tried that but it has fixed the issue! Thank you so much, I can now watch without the distraction.
Tracie1970
First Poster

Hi I’ve just purchased a now smart stick, I’m wanting subtitles as my son is deaf

0 Thanks