cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles on Samsung Tv

I have recently subscribed to the Now Tv movie pass with the Black Friday deal and reading that subtitles are now available on Samsung Tvs .

I have a Samsung smart Tv (UE 50JU6800) and have got the app working and playing movies but i don't seem to be able to get the subtitles working . During a movie i press the ok button to see the menu FF, info subtitles etc and then click on the speech bubble which brings up a drop down menu which should toggle subtitles on/off but whatever button i press on the remote it doesnt move the box from off to on . I see the purple off box and what i assume is the top of the on box underneath it , so i assumed pressing down would change it but it just takes me back to the previous menu (the other direction buttons dont do anything either).

I have tried on 3 different movies and all state that subtitles are available , so I am hoping that there is a simple answer that someone can help me with.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried calling them and no-one understood🤦🏽‍♀️

4 hours that I will never get back!!

not quite sure how the NOW TV customer service have nomidea how to resolve this issue.

good luck and if you come to a resolution please let us know

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here with Samsung UE55KS7000.  Spent ages on chat and they gave up in the end.  No ETA for a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem on a UE55KS9000T. Must be a bug in that app. I wonder if anyone from the Samsung app dev team monitors this forum? Should be very easy for them to fix.... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet pls?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Move the right remote key over English and press ok Once then ps return and it should come up, has for me on my Samsung ue49ru7300 49