cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles not working anymore.

Even with the "s" next to the description and highlighted speech bubble, the subs just dont work anymore on my samsung tv. Ive activated subs on my tv menu but nothing. Movies i have watched before with subs no longer work. Any ideas??

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue since Samsung TV made an update about 6-7 weeks ago. I contacted customer service and they replied that they are aware and working on it. Well, 2 months down the line still working on it!!! It is nothing you can do until they sort it out with Samsung. Bytheway they still work via PS4 (Sony)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same issue since Samsung TV made an update about 6-7 weeks ago. I contacted customer service and they replied that they are aware and working on it. Well, 2 months down the line still working on it!!! It is nothing you can do until they sort it out with Samsung. Bytheway they still work via PS4 (Sony)

Ahh right that would make sense then. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon! Thank you for your reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can i ask which customer services are aware of it please. I have the same problem and Samsung and Now TV have been useless on giving me an answer on this problem.  Thanks you so much

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can i ask which customer services are aware of it please. I have the same problem and Samsung and Now TV have been useless on giving me an answer on this problem.  Thanks you so much

Now tv didn't know what i was talking about when i queried it so im guessing it will be samsung customer services. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I spoke to NOW tv customer service. They told me,whoever I spoke,that the
team was aware and they try to resolve it. I felt he had no clue and just
tryingto get rid of me but there isn't much more from my side to do. In
fact it may worth to contact Samsung as it happened after their update on
the software. Not aware if someone has done it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles are still not working on my Samsung TV 2016 model. This is something that needs to be fixed by Nowtv (nothing to do with Samsung) but the fix seems to be taking forever or not prioritised enough...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
*The below response was given to me when i formally complained regarding
the subs more than a month ago(early July)*

Clearly the don't care and when I spoke to Samsung they said this has
nothing to do with them and they cannot downgrade their updated smart tv
software.

*You may want to Chase it further*

*Complaint ref: **03275836*

We are writing to advise that the complaint you made to NOW TV, which we
are continuing to manage, has now been open for 8 weeks.

We want to re-assure you that it is our priority is to resolve your
complaint as quickly as possible. We’re continuing to work to find a
satisfactory resolution and will update you regularly on our progress.

Got a question? Give us a call on 0330 332 3050.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here. I think everyone with Samsung Tv has this problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guess I have the same problem. I do see the speech bubble but when clicking on it the word ‘off’ is highlighted and whatever button I press on the remote it doesn’t change to “on”.

Had contact with the support desk by chat and they treated me like I’m a complete idiot. After sending them two pics by email I got instructions on how to turn on subs on Apple TV! 

I do hope they are working on it as your comments indicate but I’m wondering if they are really.

I’ve just switched from using an old model Apple TV where subs were working fine as I thought the Samsung app would be more feature rich. Without subtitles I regret the move. Perhaps I’ll just switch back even though I would miss out on features like Watchlist and continue Watching.