cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles Not Working with NowTV app on Samsung TV

Warning - rant follows...

Trying to enable subtitles on shows/movies that have the S symbol doesn't work with NOW TV app on Samsung TV.  I can get to the screen that shows the setting 'Off' but there's no way to change it to 'On'.  I've tried left, right and ok buttons on the remote control but nothing works

Managed to try it on a LG TV and it shows 'English' to the right of the 'Off' setting. The language option is missing from the Samsung TV so I'm guessing that's the bug.

Judging by the forums, I see that this is a known problem but there doesn't seem to be any update on how or when it will be fixed (or if it will be fixed at all).

I've also just been on chat with the support people at NOW TV and, after an excruciatingly long-winded, do-all-the-basics discourse lasting well over an hour, someone eventually acknowledged the same thing and told me to buy a Smart Stick or Now TV box!

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way of escalating the issue or getting a definitive answer to the question of whether it will be fixed or not, so I guess this is just another example of big companies shi**ing on disabled people.

Rant over and thanks for reading.

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You have a smart TV that won’t give you subtitles on anything, not even BBC1?

That seems unlikely.

Have a good look at your remote for a subtitles control button.

Or post the make and model here, and I will look in your manual for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, subtitles for a particular show on nowtv not working via my Samsung smart tv. 
when I watch the show on my phone using the now tv app it works. Don’t show subs when I access the show on now tv via smart tv

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’ll try again....

Do you get no subtitles for any NowTV programmes at all on your Samsung TV?

Or is there a show or shows that have them on your phone, but don’t have them on the Samsung TV?

And if so, which show(s)?

I tried looking on my Samsung TV, but the NowTV app fell off it, for some unknown reason. I’ve put it back on from the App Store with no issues, but it was odd that it went.

Definitely available on my Samsung though - see here. (Please excuse the picture turning round).

F569BCE8-4FDA-4583-9A90-CB175838C938.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get no subtitles on Now tv with my samsung but do get subtitles with Netflix.

Can anybody explain why?

My hearing is dodgy,I need subtitles.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found a solution to get the subtitles working on Now tv on Samsung tele . Make sure you turn the subs off on the normal tv settings before going on to the Now Tv subs and it works 👍🏻